LGBTQ Members?

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
I will speak on any thread I want to. Otherwise it's not a real forum. When I saw it suggested that the thread to be taken down I disagreed. And stated my opinion. I offered a suggestion, take it or leave it but it's there. People are free to agree or disagree with anything I say. Maybe my use of the word "wrong" was not adequate but it's what I wrote. Would my suggestion work? With somebody's else suggestion work? Is there a happy medium here, I think there is. If people are allowed to only speak or participate in something that they have absolute first hand experience and then this would be a pretty quiet forum.

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
The problem is when we do something (censor this type of discussion) we are pretty much reducing all LGBT people down to the fact that it is all about what goes on in the bedroom. That is all that is discussed, right? That is what we are worried about, right? Never mind that it is about far greater things than plumbing and gymnastics.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I think taking the thread down would be censoring. And it seems like most of the discussion has been on whether this thread is appropriate for this forum. I don't see any debates on personal feelings about A person's sexual orientation. Those are different topics completely.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Hey guys! I came out to all of you recently, but I was wondering if there are any Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, or Queer (or Questioning) members on the forum.... I know there are a few members here that part of the LGBTQ community, but I was just wondering because maybe we could chat. Anyways, thanks for being such a great and wonderful community.

P.S. I don't think this violates our forum's guidelines.

I'm not a member but that doesn't mean you can't PM me to talk about it. I hadn't heard the news, just want you to know it doesn't change my opinion of you or anyone else.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I'm not a member but that doesn't mean you can't PM me to talk about it. I hadn't heard the news, just want you to know it doesn't change my opinion of you or anyone else.
Thanks a lot. This means so much.... If I ever need any help I'll PM you friend. :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
For those sayimg censorship,this is a private forum we all agreed to certain rules when we joined

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm not getting the big deal. If a rule is broken on this or any other particular gay/lesbian thread or any thread at all, then that post is deleted and maybe a warning is given out. Get your minds out of thinking they only want to talk sex. Because of a lot of shallow minded people in the world, that's the first thing anyone thinks of. Because of these same shallow people, there still isn't real exceptance and the reason some gay and lesbians need each other for understanding and exceptance . When other members started a, oh let's say a "calling all Arizona member" thread, did anyone have a problem with it or think, "oh no, can't do that, they are only going to talk sex, this is a family pg forum, can't have kids see this"?
I think you should start your thread, new from this, seeing it turned into a discussion thread and follow the rules. If you need to get more personal then allowed, then please take it to a private convo, which I'm sure anyone would anyway.