Lifespan of Cuora flavomarginata?

Hbewsher

Location (City and/or State)
NY
Hello!

I have been hunting for an answer to this question and haven't found much. Few pages I found that contained generic info about the species said 10 to 20 years (wild or captive was unclear) and I read one detailed article that also gave this as the expected lifespan for this species ib captivity. I recently watched a clip on Kamp Kenan where he was doing Q&A about this species, and he quoted the expected lifespan and 40-60, more equivelent to North American box turtle species. I wasn't sure if he was mistaken, or if the true lifespan of this species just isn't really known.

Does anyone know if there is a large discrepensy in the lifespan of asain box turtles vs. North American box turtles?

Thanks for any feedback, this has been bugging me for months, I am achingly curious.

-Hannah

EKV

New York
I have had my Cuora Flavomarginata for 28 years, and I'm pretty sure she was fully adult when I got her, too.

EKV

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I would guess just like any other species of semi aquatic, 50 years plus? I don't know if there is a for sure answer, EKV is 28 years in and some... but at least 28 years so far... let see who has the oldest. interesting

Kyle