Lighting Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
I was browsing the local classifieds and I saw an IV stand for free (the kind used in hospitals). I was thinking this would probably work pretty well as a lamp stand. Before I drive an hour to go get it though, I wanted to see if any of you have any opinions on whether or not something like this would work.

Forgot to mention, this is for a full-sized tort table so the fact that it's relatively tall (Adjustable though) seems like a big plus to me as compared with the shorter zoo med lighting stand.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think its a great idea! and you can't beat FREE!!

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Thanks! I'm really excited. As a pre-med student I can't help but think about how cool it will look to have an IV stand in my front room with the torts. :) Plus, they're made to hold the IV bags without tipping over which means they should be plenty stable to hold a light or two. I've been texting the lady giving it away and am planning on going to pick it up tonight.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Yup, I would get it :)

I built my lighting stands out of 2" X 4"s with hooks for hanging the lights. They cost about $3 each, lol. It is against my nature to pay as much as they want for something like those Zoomed stands when I can just make one :)

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I'm with you Kyryah! Mine is a few chunks of black-painted angled aluminum stock I had sitting around at work. A few holes, a couple nuts and bolts, and some S-hooks and ta-dah!

shmily1605

5 Year Member
Sardis, MS
Great idea. Im a nurse and I never even thought about that. It should be fine since the legs can go under your tort table. Since the rods that hold the IV bag are kinda short your light will be at the edge of the table.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
It was a bit different than I had anticipated. The t-rod at the top isn't there and it seems like it's a different style of IV stand. Anyhow, it looks like it will still work though.

nv6u81.jpg

m8n1n7.jpg

Now to get the height just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.