Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

baybay

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi i am thinking about getting a 6 by 3 by 2 feet terrarium. do you think if i had 2, 150 wtt mercury vapor uvb bulbs it would keep it warm enough and produce the proper amount of uvb lights.i have a cherry head redfoot tortoise by the way. Thanks

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
If its a glass terrarium I would say no go, glass and torts dont mix. You can get good airflow or keep a good thermal temperature gradient. If you let us know what sort of enclosure it is it would help. ;) You need to keep one end warmer for thermoregulating and and basking. Redfoots also need higher humidity so you need to be able to keep some humidity in.

baybay

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
actualy i am getting a terrarium by animal plastics. It would have one glass sliding door with a sealed top. They said i could have holes with screen under it for a place to set the lamps. i was also planing on having some live plants so i would have 2 flouresent fixtures. It would have air ventalation in the sides and back. I am not quite sure how i would acheive a good basking spot...hmmm. But i am pretty sure i with only two holes and the metal covering it, i should be able to have a good level of humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.