Lights and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

derf

5 Year Member
Anyone know a good website that sells lighting, natural looking accessories, seed/pots and more? Im currently building my russian a new indoor enclosure and want it to look really nice. Also, hints on cheap alternatives welcome!
(In the UK)

M

Maggie Cummings

llreptile and Carolina Pet Supply; turtlestuff or turtlecafe are all different sites that I have used from time to time...I like llreptile the best...and they are the most reliable and reputable..

derf

5 Year Member
maggie3fan said:
llreptile and Carolina Pet Supply; turtlestuff or turtlecafe are all different sites that I have used from time to time...I like llreptile the best...and they are the most reliable and reputable..

thanks for that, thats exactly the sort of thing i was looking for but i forgot to mention i was in the UK :((updated the thread) -

M

Maggie Cummings

Does that mean none of those will ship to you? I don't know who else to recommend for you...

derf

5 Year Member
I think shipping from the US could be a bit high, im a quite tight budget:(

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
The more you can avoid the pet stores the more you will save--shop home improvement stores, online non-pet stores, etc.

What type of lighting are you looking for? In my opinion the best UVB bulb is the Mega Ray or T-Rex Mercury Vapor Bulb. With these, you need a 10 inch hood ceramic socket light fixture, and a lamp stand. The Mega Ray is sold from the manufacturer's website to the UK. They last about 1 year.

DuttonWebb

10 Year Member!
Texas, yeehaw
Ok, its the second time this year my basking light has burned out!!!! GRRRR. Not only is it burning out, but its burning a whole in my wallet! Why are they busting so quickly!!!!????

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Dutton: What kind of bulb is it (fluorescent, MVB, reptile basking, etc)? Where did you buy it from?

derf

5 Year Member
I decided to get a mega-ray for basking with also has UV and a cermatic heat emitter along with my old UV tube light (which i think is reptiglo 5.0)

Dutton - look for mega ray, although i havent tried it yet and it v. expensive, you get a warranty:)

DuttonWebb

10 Year Member!
Texas, yeehaw
tortoisenerd said:
Dutton: What kind of bulb is it (fluorescent, MVB, reptile basking, etc)? Where did you buy it from?

its a zoomed reptile basking light. And I got it from a respected place in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.