Links to heat/reptile studies and research sought

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
Hello,

I'm trying to find scientific studies dealing with the needs and benefits of specific heat levels with tortoises and other reptiles... any help that you can offer would be gratefully accepted!

@Tom @Markw84 @Yvonne G @ZEROPILOT @Maro2Bear @Cathie G @Blackdog1714 @Kapidolo Farms

I tagged the names that came to me immediately, but obviously would welcome help from anyone with knowledge to offer.

Thanks!

Jamie

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Jamie, sorry.
My experience with Redfoot over a few decades has come from trial and error and my own observations.
That and some tips from Ernest Johnson about 25 years ago regarding food items and fruit intake.
I'm not sure if he's around anymore.
Ed

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello,

I'm trying to find scientific studies dealing with the needs and benefits of specific heat levels with tortoises and other reptiles... any help that you can offer would be gratefully accepted!

@Tom @Markw84 @Yvonne G @ZEROPILOT @Maro2Bear @Cathie G @Blackdog1714 @Kapidolo Farms

I tagged the names that came to me immediately, but obviously would welcome help from anyone with knowledge to offer.

Thanks!

Jamie
I don't know of any such studies either. I've been keeping my own reptiles since the 70s, and its always been based on what works and what doesn't. Will or Cameron would be the most likely people to know of, or be able to find something like that.

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
The Ferguson zone paper lists some temperature info for several species.

Attachments

• 150-Article Text-872-1-10-20160211.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 4

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Hello,

Thanks!

Jamie
Jamie

i
Do have some papers in my computer files that would fit for your request. However I am in Florida right now and won’t be back to my computer for a bit over a week. I’ll try to remember to look when I get home and back on the computer