Little bird friend passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chester County, PA
We had a little cardinal couple living in our yard for five years. Sadly tonight the little male appeared on the ground wanting to hide-- he must have known he was sick. I scooped him up and put him inside a safe pen area and he passed away. Right before he passed he kept looking up at me and above me. Soon after I left him for a few moments wouldn't you know his little female partner came looking for him! So sweet. My neighbor and I were in tears. She must be working on their nest solo now. Wish we could do something :(!

Attachments

• image-4268612337.png
    image-4268612337.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 60

Rockford

5 Year Member
We have a couple of Cardinals in our yard also. They add so much color to the yard. It is very sad to see when passes away. You made sure his last moments were peaceful.

Niki

5 Year Member
So sad... We love to watch the birds in our backyard. I hope his little partner will be ok!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is very sad. My state (Illinois) bird. They are beautiful and I love the sounds they make. One of the sounds, sounds like they are saying "birdie".

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
We just googled a cardinals lifespan and they can live 15 years in the wild! I hope his partner dates again someday...

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
It is, but we are blessed with two robin nests! We have new babies all over the yard!! Tricky taking the puppies out but we do a walk around to be sure everyone is safe before the pups run. These guys are all over :)

image-1319156774.png

So darn cute!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I never would have imagined that they live 15 years. They were my Mother's favorite bird, so when I hear or see one, I always wistfully think it's my Mom coming to say a quick "Hi!" or to make me smile.

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
Jacqui said:
I never would have imagined that they live 15 years. They were my Mother's favorite bird, so when I hear or see one, I always wistfully think it's my Mom coming to say a quick "Hi!" or to make me smile.

That is very sweet! :)

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I've never seen a real picture of one. I only see crows, hawks, blue jays, and the ones that I hear in my backyard very morning. They are beautiful.

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
I have more... He was so special! We religiously keep bird seed in our feeder and I hung about 5 bird houses all over the woods. We have a lot of regulars! Some rare woodpeckers too! Oh- and two horned owls!!! If you keep seed you will attract all kinds of birds. Squirrels are good too- they let the seed fall to the ground for the birds that eat on the ground only :)

image-3210705895.png

He was awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.