Little dog thinks she’s a big dog?

Rex1718

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SC
My little beagle mix, Bonnie, is a great little dog. She just wants to be the boss all the time. My wife’s new dog is a husky mix, and Bonnie doesn’t care for her much. I say new dog, but we’ve had Jada almost a year now.
Anyway both dogs are fixed, but Bonnie is always nipping at Jada when the dogs get excited and running around.
Last night my Jada and my other big dog were wrestling and here comes Bonnie biting at Jada. Before I had time to correct her Jada got a hold of her and drew blood.
Bonnie is fine, just looking for advice on how to help them live a little more harmonious.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Have you tried outside stimuli like shaking a can with a few rocks in it, or squirting her with water?

Rex1718

5 Year Member
SC
Have you tried outside stimuli like shaking a can with a few rocks in it, or squirting her with water?
I’ve got an sound emitter for dogs and it will stop her. I’ve been using it, just didn’t have it in my pocket last night.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
train them together , reward them for doing stuff together ….... correct bad behavior , don't get excited during fights , calmy get their attention and stop them , distract them to something else …. reward being mental as much as physical ……… they need to be taught that it's enjoyable to be around each other .…….

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
one thing about keeping dogs together , there will be a pecking order …… from my experiences you shouldn't try to disrupt it ……… when it is disrupted is when you'll get the serious fights ……. depending on the dogs , I think an occasional disagreement is inevitable ……… how they react with each other is very much related to how you react to them ….. minimize fights , and distract asap...…..

DSCN1271.jpg

DSCN0949.jpg

100-1940.jpg