little help needed (preparing a talk, need opinions)

Merari Rodriguez

Hello everyone,
I know that this page is to ask questions about tortoise but i wanted to see if you guys can help me. For my Intercultural Communication course we have to talk about a culture that we are part of and a hero (the hero CANT be my own but the community as a whole) in that culture. A culture can being part of a group, a hobby, and is not limited to ethnicity or religion.

I have chosen the tortoise community. As for the hero I haven chosen Steven Irwin because of the love that he shared for animals. Although, I have already chosen my hero I wanted to know if you guys have any suggestions. Like I mentioned before the majority of the culture has to agree to that hero. I am new to the tortoise community so I wanted to know if any of you guys have a specific person. I would also love to be able to get to know more of the people that made a change on tortoise. Any thing will be welcomed.

Again, I know this isn't for this but I would really love to know some opinions.

Thank you in advance!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't know that Steve Irwin was really that much into tortoises. He had a galop, but I think his main interest was the crocs. Are you cemented in to keeping that choice? I don't really pay much attention to who and what, but I'm sure there are many on here who would know about anyone who has made a big impact on the tortoise world.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
"Hero" seems a bit like a weird concept here, but I imagine someone like Bill Zovickian would likely be a better pick.