Live naked people

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Are you glad to have gotten that out of your system?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Gobble Gobble, I have many chelonian related thanks, mostly my interest in them has filled me with engagement in life. You ever notice people who have no apparent interests? Their friends are other people who also have no interests in things, they usually have super clean everything, home, car, clothes are all ironed etc.

One of the first things that come to mind when I visit someone's home and it's clean, plastic on the furniture, spice rack is organized. They don't do anything, like a mouse in a box (opps). When I visit a friend and there is a coffee cup stained magazine on the coffee table, or an odd sock sorta semi-hidden under a chair, etc. They usually have interesting lives, and do things, travel, are avid readers, have a large family, they are engaged.

So, this interest has lead me to some really great friends in the truest nature of what a friend is, at least as I see it.. I know many people, have needs to interact with many people, am friendly to people, but they aren't really friends. They are people I know due to the circumstances of life. I find I don't like most people, It does not mean I dislike them, I just fail to like. I guess they just represent non-cannibalistic zombies. They just are there and you can't ignore them, two objects - one bit of space kind of thing, yeah?

The other day when I was at the FedEx office one of the employees was singing Xmas carols. I said " woa there cowboy, it's two days to Thanksgiving. Xmas is great, but lets keep our heads" The guy looked up at me as if at first he was going to bark at me. Tamara was clutching my hand like 'oh feces, here it comes'. But the guy saw my smirk, and ultimately said, "those guys in the stores been doing Xmas since before Halloween". I just said "yeah THOSE guys".

We chuckled, it was funny, everyone else in the FedEx lobby chuckled too, Tamara's grip on my hand loosened some. That was sorta friendly yeah? But that guy is not my friend. His work day brought him water cooler fodder or whatever is the more modern version of that POV. My friends are those of you who read that, can make a movie in your mind's eye of the scenario, and think it's funny too.

More of us ought to meet more of us. We ought to have more meet ups with people who actually meet. THANKS to everyone who took the time to meet me over the past year. That's my TFO thanks.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
that guy wasn't a sentence finisher he was an F-tard

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw, a cute little flap jack!

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
It amazes me, at 45F outside this morning Medea is chowing down. She is consistently the first one out each moring. That pile of food will be gone by day's end, with Phae hanging out in the palm frond forest and getting a ride to the night box. Darth occasionally stays out with her, but tends to go in on his own more and more.
The piles of feces where the sun does shine indicates daily basking, which I don't see when I'm at work. Work now is leave while dark in the morning, and get home when dark at night.

1449678629813.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Her carapace shows quite a bit of breeding activity has been going on. I'm so glad you keep us updated on the Manouria. I really miss having them here.

When they lived here, the evening stragglers always "got a ride" to the night shed. I never wanted to take a chance on them getting too cold. I have no more use for their wagon. Would you like to have it?

Manouria transportation 3-2-12 a.jpg Manouria Transportation 3-2-12 b.jpg

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Her carapace shows quite a bit of breeding activity has been going on. I'm so glad you keep us updated on the Manouria. I really miss having them here.

When they lived here, the evening stragglers always "got a ride" to the night shed. I never wanted to take a chance on them getting too cold. I have no more use for their wagon. Would you like to have it?

View attachment 158200 View attachment 158201
Next time I come, no doubt jan/feb, we can see.

I sound like I have tourette's syndrome when all three need to be put away. I am sure my neighbors may soon volunteer to do the job just so they don't have to hear me fussing and cussing in the dark.

This next weekend I will use white nail polish on them so my mother-in-law who has the window onto their enclosure can tell me which ones are doing what. They all look the same to her and she speaks Russian, so the translation is already I bit difficult, let alone saying which one did what. I'll let her indicate how she wants them labeled hopefully by a single character of her choosing, maybe some odd cyrillic character?

Weekends they get their microwave eggs, I want to make sure crows don't figure that out. I so fully understand your missing them Yvonne. You do still have the Mee, and Tamara is super happy about that.

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

I sound like I have tourette's syndrome when all three need to be put away. I am sure my neighbors may soon volunteer to do the job just so they don't have to hear me fussing and cussing in the dark.

Believe me, I sympathise. When Dana lived across the street he was great about coming over just before dark and carrying them into the shed for me.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Today the Mulberry angel has their wings beneath a jolly red coat with coal buttons, so is a Mulberry Santa today. The trees were pruned by some winds awhile back, now that trimming has stimulated new leaf growth. Mulberry santa. Yeah!

1450647315757.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA

This next weekend I will use white nail polish on them so my mother-in-law who has the window onto their enclosure can tell me which ones are doing what. They all look the same to her and she speaks Russian, so the translation is already I bit difficult, let alone saying which one did what. I'll let her indicate how she wants them labeled hopefully by a single character of her choosing, maybe some odd cyrillic character?

Weekends they get their microwave eggs, I want to make sure crows don't figure that out. I so fully understand your missing them Yvonne. You do still have the Mee, and Tamara is super happy about that.
it's better to light a candle than curse the darkness. but I do enjoy cursing in the dark. still no naked people though.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
it's better to light a candle than curse the darkness. but I do enjoy cursing in the dark. still no naked people though.
I use a flashlight, but one that requires a hand. I guess I ought to get one of the cap type hats with the flashlight build into the brim.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
I'm a zoo member, so get their magazine. There is always some reptile interest article, often regarding the more charismatic animals in the collection. This is an often seen image of a collection of gallops which started most colonies currently in the USA.

1451475045143.jpg

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
G ary @GBtortoises had two Reptibators for sale, and I was lucky enough to sort that out and get them. So as a review of sorts I'd want to convey, if you have occasion to do business with Gary, he is amicable and communicative about what is going on from his side.

I always have some "red alert" going off in my head when ever I am doing any kind of internet based buying or selling. If you have such an occasion with Gary, no such mind set is appropriate.

Thanks Gary.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think you meant "Gary" at gbtortoises.