they live alone under the trees.

Perhaps they have low self-esteem?
Never gracing the covers of magazines!

Slowly and carefully they dawdle along,
not even a whistle or a silly song.
Just a squeaky sound when they see a mate,
almost sprinting in a wobbly gait.
In lonesome pods, without a care,
antisocial reptiles, in protective gear.
Elusive hulks in patterned shells,
they don’t know each other very well!

Me thinks, inside they’re just squishy and soft,
unaccustomed,
to being mocked!

©AllysoAlly2018

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
I'm sure they would not like to know
How you have brought them to your show
And made us all take careful note
Of their uncaring, how remote
They so prefer to be, and thus
Make perfect idiots of us
Who simply cannot comprehend
That they don't wish to be our friend.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Unlike birds of a feather, who flock together,
tortoise gatherings are not a pleasure.
They admit to always being spurned,
and never seem to be that concerned.
Surly and distant, and not easy to please,
they live alone under the trees.

Perhaps they have low self-esteem?
Never gracing the covers of magazines!

Slowly and carefully they dawdle along,
not even a whistle or a silly song.
Just a squeaky sound when they see a mate,
almost sprinting in a wobbly gait.
In lonesome pods, without a care,
antisocial reptiles, in protective gear.
Elusive hulks in patterned shells,
they don’t know each other very well!

Me thinks, inside they’re just squishy and soft,
unaccustomed,
to being mocked!

[emoji767]AllysoAlly2018

LOVE IT!!!!! Would like to share this poem with my kids if you don’t mind

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I added the slide deck for my upcoming presentation at the Turtle and Tortoise Preservation Group's 2018 conference at my web-page www.KapidoloFarms.com as a blog post for this date, 8 November 2018.

Why not just put it here? I'm looking to build traffic.

Thanks...glanced at all 35 pages. The proof is in the pudding!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I added the slide deck for my upcoming presentation at the Turtle and Tortoise Preservation Group's 2018 conference at my web-page www.KapidoloFarms.com as a blog post for this date, 8 November 2018.

Why not just put it here? I'm looking to build traffic.
Just had a quick glance. Looks good and I look forward to reading your entire page.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thanks...glanced at all 35 pages. The proof is in the pudding!
What? When I looked at it I saw nothing but the Title. I clicked on the title and the same page comes up.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hi All,

So much change going on, So It's still Will here as Kapidolo Farms, but if I have to pay-to-play, I thought having the hobby/business name would be better, so now the posts are as Kapidolo Farms. Kapidolo, BTW, is a Malagasy name for the flat tailed spider tortoise, Pxyis planicauda.

Another big change, FaceBook has decided to enforce their policy of no live animal sales, so as many pages seek to bypass that by going from public to private most first time buyers as well as scammers will be closed out of animals sales. This is an effort to keep rats out of the animal rooms. Most pages that are based on selling still exists but by invitation only.

Maybe there will be an uptick in TFO's market place? or some of the actual webpages for such. But for sure the person who only knows the internet by using facebook will be lost for quit some time.

Trade shows and internet sales of food stuff are going up quite a bit. I'm able to buy in large enough bulk now that I can even beat the one pound price of those I buy from. Maybe I am okay with a smaller margin??

PA2019

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
Hi All,

So much change going on, So It's still Will here as Kapidolo Farms, but if I have to pay-to-play, I thought having the hobby/business name would be better, so now the posts are as Kapidolo Farms. Kapidolo, BTW, is a Malagasy name for the flat tailed spider tortoise, Pxyis planicauda.

Another big change, FaceBook has decided to enforce their policy of no live animal sales, so as many pages seek to bypass that by going from public to private most first time buyers as well as scammers will be closed out of animals sales. This is an effort to keep rats out of the animal rooms. Most pages that are based on selling still exists but by invitation only.

Maybe there will be an uptick in TFO's market place? or some of the actual webpages for such. But for sure the person who only knows the internet by using facebook will be lost for quit some time.

Trade shows and internet sales of food stuff are going up quite a bit. I'm able to buy in large enough bulk now that I can even beat the one pound price of those I buy from. Maybe I am okay with a smaller margin??

@Kapidolo Farms Did Nickolas turtle/tortoise classified page get removed or turn private? It was a great way to connect local breeders who don't have a large online presence.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
@Kapidolo Farms Did Nickolas turtle/tortoise classified page get removed or turn private? It was a great way to connect local breeders who don't have a large online presence.
Nope, just checked it's goneScreenshot_20190427-071641.png

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hi All,

FACEBOOK? We have TFO !

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Turtle and tortoise classified is no called turtle and tortoise hobbyist, is a closed group, and 'owned' by Ronnie Hare I think.
https://www.facebook.com/justatwinturbo . Ii's by invitation only, with the threat that if you invite someone and they cause problems, they and you will be removed. So if you know Nick or Ronnie, ask them for an invite. I invited people I have done actual business with, no others.

PA2019

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
Turtle and tortoise classified is no called turtle and tortoise hobbyist, is a closed group, and 'owned' by Ronnie Hare I think.
https://www.facebook.com/justatwinturbo . Ii's by invitation only, with the threat that if you invite someone and they cause problems, they and you will be removed. So if you know Nick or Ronnie, ask them for an invite. I invited people I have done actual business with, no others.

Thanks, I was talking with Ronnie about this last night. They are also starting a group on the MeWe app.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cal-Hib-Roh.mov

Is your 'experiment' rose petals?
my experiment is if I could post an mp4 video here. Those are the roses petals that I have available now. All the spider tortoises were a bit grumpy coming out of their winter slumber. The perfume from the rose petals seems to have done the trick to perk their appetite. They are not grumpy anymore.