Live naked people

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Rose hips are a good part of variety. They have a very high content of the beta-carotene. See HERE.

All species of tortoise can benefit from rose hips in their diet. The frequency and amount should be less than 2-3% per meal or week. The idea is too make each food prep different. A little goes a long way for that purpose. Leafy weedy greens should be the bulk of the diet for the species you mention. Forest dwelling species can have more rose hips in their daily food, but still skip a few days before offering it again, no matter the species.

I have a question, I am currently soaking cactus and hibiscus for my tortoises tomorrow. (Leopard, Eastern and Western Hermanns) can I give all of them the rose hips? Thank you

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Thank you I give it as a treat. And tomorrow they will have a feast from your farm.

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM

I really enjoyed this podcast and hearing about your background. It also inspired me to get more variety into my tortoise feed via dried food. When I started with tortoises, I was grew stuff to feed from seed mixes, but eventually got busy and have been feeding a lot of grocery store stuff over the past year+. I bought a bunch of your stuff and am determined to get them to eat it!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So irritating! I set up a spotify account then clicked on Will's link and it took me to the app store. So I clicked on the download button and got spotify MUSIC downloaded onto my Kindle. Misic is the LAST thing I'd EVER want on my Kindle, but I figured I needed it in order to watch and hear the podcast. so I clicked on the link Will provided again and finally it looks like I'm going to get to the podcast. BUT the sound is SO quiet I can't even hear it with two hearing aids and Kindle pressed onto my ear, and the sound on the Kindle turned up far as it will go. I've spent 15 minutes on the darned thing and am so irritated I need to go take a Nervine and pet the dog!!!! SHEESH!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
So irritating! I set up a spotify account then clicked on Will's link and it took me to the app store. So I clicked on the download button and got spotify MUSIC downloaded onto my Kindle. Misic is the LAST thing I'd EVER want on my Kindle, but I figured I needed it in order to watch and hear the podcast. so I clicked on the link Will provided again and finally it looks like I'm going to get to the podcast. BUT the sound is SO quiet I can't even hear it with two hearing aids and Kindle pressed onto my ear, and the sound on the Kindle turned up far as it will go. I've spent 15 minutes on the darned thing and am so irritated I need to go take a Nervine and pet the dog!!!! SHEESH!

You should be able to listen thru a browser on the page that opens up, without a Spotify account or using the app. Just 'x' out of any popup windows.

Alternatively, this should let you listen thru a browser also. Just click play

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You should be able to listen thru a browser on the page that opens up, without a Spotify account or using the app. Just 'x' out of any popup windows.

Alternatively, this should let you listen thru a browser also. Just click play

I don't have speakers on my computer, so I have to use the Kindle. When I click on Will's link it takes me to the app store. Later after my chores I'll try your link on the Kindle, thanks!

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
A new better functioning web page is closer to completion. Once done these options and better Cactus Chips, the love and bain of Kapidolo Farms, will be on it.
I've tried many methods to produce a consistent quality product. Each method effort sells out quicker than I can produce. I partnered to optimize throughput and quality with associates. The top bag is what I've made for the past 5 years, the bottom is the result of the new method. These will still be 'backyard harvest' the more common boutique term is 'wild crafted'.
I had enough feedback that the larger pieces, now former method (top of the frame) were too stringy, those bits that look like white thread, also the much desired fiber, would not be consumed by smaller tortoises.
I decided to try and get a better cross cut on the fresh pads to retain that fiber, but as shorter lengths. These new Cactus Chips accomplish that. The method that creates this particle size is also more efficient in the dehydrator taking less time at the protein retaining low temperature I use.
They also pack better. Production method is streamlined and produces a more consistent product, more quickly.
I hope I don't have to post 'out of stock' once the ramp up in production is complete. The price will drop a little and 2 ounce bags will be included as part of the 'soaker' variety pack under the 'Backyard harvest' submenu on the webpage. The other items in the 'soaker' variety pack are organic sourced, hibiscus, rooibos, honey bush, and rosehips. As the Cactus Chip are backyard harvest this variety pack will be in that submenu.
'Super Soakers' comprised of all organic sourced items will still list in the 'organic sourced' submenu. That variety pack is four ounces each of hibiscus, rooibos, honey bush, and rose hips.
'soakers' are item with a dual use, make a cold brew tea and color flavor any pelleted foods, and also include the moist softened item.
Cactus Chips are whooly unique to Kapidolo Farms. Invented by my pancake tortoise colony in 2014.
1680889958012.png