Living the Dream!!!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hi friends.

I am still around. A few major life things have changed a lot for me over the past couple of years, so I'm not much of a TFO'er anymore. I still try to check in often.

Tortoising/turtling is still a major part of our every day lives. Probably now more than it ever has been. Recently we've been focusing a lot of efforts on box turtles. They have always had a major significance for me, and I've dreamt of the day where I could once again have sustainable captive breeding populations which is not an easy accomplishment in the desert. Yesterday was a huge milestone for us after finding 4 hatchlings in our eastern box turtle group. We're happy that our efforts are starting to bear fruit, and we hope to expand our educational efforts and grow the number of educated turtle/tortoise hobbyists in the years to come.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    1,016.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    855.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    832.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nice to see you are still around. Congrats on the Boxies.
If I remember correctly, you had gotten into Rads? Still doing them too?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
No, never got into radiateds. Some day perhaps, but I've been favoring varieties that I can keep outside all year and not have to drag in during the winter. Testudo is where I'm more interested right now, and obviously, the box turtles.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No, never got into radiateds. Some day perhaps, but I've been favoring varieties that I can keep outside all year and not have to drag in during the winter. Testudo is where I'm more interested right now, and obviously, the box turtles.
Great, now my memory is going lol.
Good luck with the Boxies and keep us posted.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Dang! Nothing cuter than a brand new baby box turtle!! With the added treat they soon are very humanized. Almost like a tiny dog in a turtle body.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I love seeing your boy learning.....it will take him a while yet but can you imagine growing up in better environment?

very cool stuff, from a new guy!

jeff