LLLReptile

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoisi

5 Year Member
[size=medium]LLLReptile is not to be trusted. Before ordering, I emailed and called several times to verify that I would receive an adult female Russian Tortoise, minimum five inches in length. I informed them each time that the minimum size was a requirement because my outdoor pen contains a six-inch, assertive male RT, and I didn't want any injuries from any possible altercations. In an email, the manager, Dean Gramcko, assured me that, "Currently our largest adult Russian Tortoises would measure between 5 and 6 inches." He also emailed me a photo showing a group of about 25 RTs, supposedly the group from which my order would be filled. From the picture I could not determine the size, but it was obvious that they were all very close in size. Instead, I received a juvenile Russian Tortoise, four inches in length. It was not until I called to complain that I was then told that LLLReptile and their warehouse supplier never even had a female RT larger than four inches. LLLReptile engaged in deceptive advertising from the start. They also refuse to correct their deceptions. They refused to issue me a refund. After misleading me, they would only agree to issue a store credit, and only if I paid the return shipping. Lousy business practices. Beware.

LLLReptile

TFO Sponsor
5 Year Member
Mary,

I am going to answer your complaint here in two parts, as I feel there are 2 separate issues.

First. In regards to the tortoise you received. You contacted Dean on Saturday this last weekend to check sizes and ask for specific pictures (which isn't possible, as we did have a lot of them, which is what he told you). Dean gave you the general size range of 5 - 6 inches (although our website has stated they are 4 to 5 1/2 inches for months now). He measured some and that was the size he got. That was Saturday. You placed your order on the phone with Jessica on Wednesday - 5 days later after many had sold (yeah, we do sell a lot of Russian Tortoises between 4 stores, shipping and shows). The ONLY stipulation you told Jessica on the phone was that you wanted the largest female we had. She knew nothing of your conversation with Dean 5 days earlier, and there was never a mention of a minimum size - ever (this was by phone, so of course there is no written record of this. So - let's just concede that you did mention you wanted a minimum of 5 inches just for conversation's sake). Now - that being said - I completely understand your frustration in getting a very healthy, very nice looking, but 4 inch female Russian Tortoise when you wanted one that was larger and ready to breed, or closer to it anyhow. You asked Jessica for the biggest female - and that is what we sent, but not the size you were expecting. I understand you being disappointed by the size. So - get us on the phone and see what we can figure out in a professional, adult way.

Which takes us to the 2nd part of the situation. Your complaint, and the way you handled it. When you first called today to complain, you spoke with Erin. Erin is an awesome girl currently working on her MASTERS Degree while working for us. I want to quote you here to be accurate. In your conversation with Erin - you asked her "Are you stupid?", and "Do you understand English?", along with some other not-so-polite words. If you had me on the phone, at that instant, you would have been talking to a dial tone. Nobody should be spoken to like that, NO MATTER what the problem was. But the girls at our warehouse are beyond professional. You were then transferred to Kate (manager). You asked Kate to check to see if there were any females left that were close to 6 inches as you might exchange her. When she said she would check and call you back - you hung up on her very rudely. She checked and called you back with the answer that, no, you in fact got the largest healthiest female we had available. In the end - you told Kate you would keep the female and possibly sell her locally because you thought if you shipped her back - we might tell you she died in shipping and scam you.... Kate offered you a $30 dollar credit for the error even though you were going to keep the tortoise - just to give you a discount for the size issue, and you said you would take that, but that you would still tell everyone how bad we are as a company, and how unprofessionally you were treated. I have to be honest. I totally understand being frustrated, and wanting something done because you were not satisfied (and you have the right to state your opinion on this board as well). But when you start the conversation in the manner you did, say the words you said, and continued that same attitude all the way through, it makes it really tough to want to help you out. Deceptive? Lousy business practices? If that is your opinion - no problem. I wish you luck elsewhere. I just hope the next time you run into a customer service issue, you consider your words and choose them a little better than you did here. I am very sorry that you didn't get what you were hoping for, and since you chose to keep her, I hope she enjoys her new home. Good luck, and I apologize that we were unable to figure out a satisfactory solution.

Scott
LLLReptile & Supply
www.LLLReptile.com

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I have made a number of purchases from LLL over the years and have always been pleased with my orders.

To the OP- Did you say anything like that which has been quoted above?

tortoisi

5 Year Member
I am also very professional, even when others are telling stories as in this case. I never used the words, "Are you stupid," and I never hung up on anyone, so who is falsely accusing who? I did question the gir, if she, "understood English" because she refused to acknowledge the fact, after I told her three times, that yes indeed, the person who took my order on the phone specifically assured me that the tortoise was at least five inches and aged five to ten years. That is not what I received. Whoever else wants to go through this type of deceptive and abusive treatment, see above, then go ahead and purchase from LLLReptile.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Ok, I think this has gone far enough. This is not the place to air dirty laundry. A vendor review is just that. You tell of your bad experiences with a vendor and you tell of your good experiences with a vendor. This case sounds like you two need to get in contact with each other and hash it out, but not here on the forum. We won't be getting anywhere here on the forum with he said, she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.