Lone Star Reptile Expos - December 17 & 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
I gonna check it out but i usually leave this show very disappointed...

jonathan512

5 Year Member
RE: Lone Star Reptile Expos - December 17 & 18

xD I checked out the site a while back ,seemed kinda empty

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
dalano73 said:
I gonna check it out but i usually leave this show very disappointed...

I've only been to the Austin show, how would you characterize this show? Tortoise-wise, Austin had 1 guy with Sulcatas and 1 with Leopards. It was probably ~60% snakes, ~30% lizards (mostly geckos), ~10% everything else.

I was really thinking about going since it's the last Texas show (that I know of) til February. But I've got to work Saturday morning so I doubt I'll make it. Next year, though; I'm gonna have to make a resolution to hit them all. I have a feeling that Houston might be the closest to the shows back East, and out West.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I went to the last one that had in the same location and it was just to small for everything they had in there. I agree with the proportions you stated, mostly snakes and lizards. Not much for tortoises and the prices were all over the place. One booth was selling sulcata hatchlings for $75 and the booth right next to them were selling them $90 then you had a guy selling yearlings for $60..

I am gonna go since it's close to the house just to see if there are any changes.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Well that was 10 minutes of my life I will never get back..

95% snakes and lizards and 5% tortoises and turtles.

One booth had the driest sulcata hatchlings I have ever seen, looked like they were covered in dust..

ayS

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
RE: Lone Star Reptile Expos - December 17 & 18

85% snakes 10% lizards and 5% turtles and tortoises, if that. Sounded like this past reptile super show in Pomona, Ca.

Status
Not open for further replies.