Long live our Babied Red Foots.

Kevinrrussell

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
So, I keep reading posts on Tortoises and the natural way. Red footed Tortoise in the wild wouldn't see?! Well friends if you own a Pet Tortoise it's not wild.
Red Footed guys and gals eat worms, dead rotting animals, poop of all kind and have host of hostile enemies. Most pet owners baby our pets. DOGS aren't wild either and are breed to be buddies...we feed raw diet and I prepare meats, veggies, vitamins and make sure calcium is very high for her. Stan.Lee is my newest little buddy, not even 100% sure Male or female, but I soak her in warm water 4 days a week after she poops I wash her off and then apply coconut oil after I wash her off. It gives her a great shine and captures moisture in the shell. This simple technique doesn't hurt her, it doesn't affect a non wild animal it absolutely doesn't trap dirt. I feed her one day week protein rich croc chow, fish is biggest element. This doesn't hurt the animal in any way, in the wild tortoise are vacuums, red foots eat everything..it seems many people always want natural way or wild way...are u crazy, poop meals, rotting goats, bad fruit ...domesticated Tortoises, she, stan.lee is babied ..they are Reptiles and digestive system is slow based on heat and humidity. That is why skipping two or three days is good not a dog or cat ..mammals need to eat daily..so friends stop trolling to hate people or challenge as authority .A all tortoise will eat whatever they find B. Use common pet knowledge Sulcata's generally breed to eat more grass because of design so meatless diet works but Sulcata's will eat dead, poop. Galapagos Torts have been seen crushing birds to eat them...just love it live it and be helpful not a troll. If your a vegan red footed need animal protein..starving animals because of your belief system is wrong...and people who feed tortoise only dog food or cat food is wrong...long live Tortoises