Long Weekend Away Re Hermann’s

Quixx66

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Hi,

I thought someone might be home over the July 4th weekend. I’ll be gone Friday through Monday night.

Will a small 1 year old Hermann’s be okay without a daily soaking
What to do about food (Mazuri I always feed soaked) and drinking water?

Thanks.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Make sure lights are on a timer.
I would put in a second water dish. Soak and feed before you go a couple big piles of greens away from any heat sources and put the mazuri in a little extra water and feed a little more then normal. He will be fine without the soaks.

Quixx66

Louisiana
Make sure lights are on a timer.
I would put in a second water dish. Soak and feed before you go a couple big piles of greens away from any heat sources and put the mazuri in a little extra water and feed a little more then normal. He will be fine without the soaks.
Thanks so much for the advice I’ll do that.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
It’s interesting. SOME folks would say give your tort plenty of food, do a good long soak before you go, BUT remove the water dishes. Others advocate for extra water bowls. ?‍♂️

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It’s interesting. SOME folks would say give your tort plenty of food, do a good long soak before you go, BUT remove the water dishes. Others advocate for extra water bowls. ?‍♂️
I see it this way. If you have the proper water bowls you have no worries of drowning. I actually have left my leopard for many weekends when he was little and this is how I did it. If others recommended the other ways and have actually done it, then that works for them.
Hydration is pushed so much, I don't understand leaving them to dehydrate when you can safely leave water.