Look at this TANK I GOT FOR FREE

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
A gentleman called me last week saying he had a 250gal aquarium that was for sale with fish and all for an offer between 2-3000.....I told him no thanks i'm not paying that much. Well this is where patience paid off unknowingly.

Apparently the guy who was selling the aquarium was trying to start up a bar at one of our local hotels. He had all of his stuff ready to go, fish aquarium and all, but he started creating tons of trouble and having the cops called on him for harassing customers. Anywho....long story short, the manager of the building voided his contract and told him he had a week to get everything out. He didn't have room for the aquarium so he tried selling it to C.H.A. . Well a week passed and no buyers so the manager of the building now owned the aquarium, he called me and said hey do you want an aquarium. Me being me I couldn't resist, and behold it was a 250 gallon aquarium in really amazing shape. Def one of the best aquarium finds of the year besides the free 125 gal.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Haha yeah I did, I was thinking it was going to be this hunk of junk because one it was free, and he didn't send me any pictures. I told him I'd go look at it and give him a call back if i liked it. I called him back as fast as lightening. Only thing he said wrong with it was the pump was pretty worn out, so if i have to spend $200 on a nice pump...i'd say it's a well spent $200

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
I'm not sure yet on what i want to put in it, was thinking turtles, but then again it's a little to fancy for a turtle tank....I don't wanna make it an eye sore. I'm open to ideas though, i've had every cichlid species out there so i'm not looking for cichlids....I was thinking maybe an african lung fish....I dunno something exotic...

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
ascott.....hahaha i see past this reverse psychology of yours :p A fly river would be awesome, but a 250 is just way to small....if only there was another species out there that was fully aquatic and doesn't grow to the size of china like my batagur borneonsis

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I say stay with fish. Marine fish or Discus. A couple Marine Lookdowns would be cool. Maybe a couple freshwater stingrays.
I know, send it on over and I will take the daunting task of trying to decide what to do with it off your hands. I know how much of a headache that can be :p :D 🐠🐟

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Ohh it took 6hrs to drain and clean and put it on a trailer, it'd gone faster if the building had electricity to run a pump to drain it faster. I'd love discus but our water here is sooooo hard and very alkaline 8-9ph. And I wish i could get freshwater stingrays, but thanks to texas laws I can not own any unless I have a permit...gar.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Alright alright...no swimming china ware.....there certainly is a vast array of beautiful fish, not so beautiful but cool fish to choose from....I will just be patient and see what you come up with...:D

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Re: RE: Look at this TANK I GOT FOR FREE

AustinASU said:
ascott.....hahaha i see past this reverse psychology of yours :p A fly river would be awesome, but a 250 is just way to small....if only there was another species out there that was fully aquatic and doesn't grow to the size of china like my batagur borneonsis

Wow, that is cool.
Let me make your great news some little bit better. YES, you most certainly could keep a fly river turtle in that tank.

Frankly that tank is large enough, you would be fine to ad a few snake neck turtles as well.

You will meed some serious filtration.

Will

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
Not for a fly river, it'd look good for display, but once it gets 18-20 inches....then it'll be a little unfair.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
I'd love to do a hard coral reef, anyone have a website for Led lighting systems\?

Status
Not open for further replies.