LOOK WHAT THEY DID TO MY BABY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Yes, it's true. I couldn't believe it either when I first saw him. Baby Runt is three years old! He is soooo precious to me. He has the smallest limbs I ever seen. He doesn't have very much energy, but he's a fighter...he had to be to survive three years and still be alive. I am going to give him the best life he could ever have, and with that he may outlive me.

As far as Beasty Boy is concerned, he had emergency surgery Friday night when I got to the Small Animal Hosp. in Gainesville, FL. I drove with my husband for 6 1/2 hours to get there. Beasty Boy had not eaten and drunk water in 4 days, and he hadn't defecated or urinated as well. As it turned out, the x-rays showed that the bladder stone had moved into the pelvic area, not allowing any fecal material or urine to pass. He was also in extreme pain, and the cries he made were heartbreaking to hear. I left him at the hospital and the doctor said she would start working on him immediately. At 2:30 a.m. I received a call from the doctor who said she had successfully removed most of the stone but there was some hemorrhaging when she preformed the cloacoscopy. He is still in the hospital for observation because he still continues not to eat or defecate. However, this evening, the doctor called and said that he's showing signs of improvement; he's eating all his food, and he urinated today. Even though he hadn't still defecated (and he's loaded), the doctor is optimistic that he'll be good to go home on Tuesday. All in all, my baby has survived this! Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. I will continue to update you after he comes home.

Laura said:
3 years? no way... 3 mon maybe...
how is the other guy? when do you take him to the vet?

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
East Bay area
So glad there is room for optimism! Sending lots of healing thoughts his way!

Status
Not open for further replies.