Looking for a good home for 2 sulcatas, 1 adult, 1 juvenile

Apandaroll

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
I have been handed these sweeties to care for, but I don't have the resources and live in Colorado. I want them to go to a good home that has the ability to provide for them. I might be able to travel to deliver them, preferably a warmer climate.
One is heavy, you need 2 hands to pick her up. The other still fits in your palm.
Please let me know if you are interested, I'm not looking for money, just someone to love and care for them.

Bee62

Germany
I have been handed these sweeties to care for, but I don't have the resources and live in Colorado. I want them to go to a good home that has the ability to provide for them. I might be able to travel to deliver them, preferably a warmer climate.
One is heavy, you need 2 hands to pick her up. The other still fits in your palm.
Please let me know if you are interested, I'm not looking for money, just someone to love and care for them.
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I wish you good luck with rehoming your tortoises. Please be careful when you offer them for free. Some people pretend that they want a tortoise for themself and sell the tort for money when they get them for free.
Can you show us pictures of your torts ?

Apandaroll

Colorado
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I wish you good luck with rehoming your tortoises. Please be careful when you offer them for free. Some people pretend that they want a tortoise for themself and sell the tort for money when they get them for free.
Can you show us pictures of your torts ?
I didn't even think of that, thank you for the heads up.
I do have pics, just not sure how to post them.

Tortoise_Nerd

5 Year Member
Georgia
Hi apandaroll! Welcome to TortoiseForum! I have been looking for a sulcata for months now. My name is Nathan Scott and I live in Catoosa county, Georgia. I have 2 box turtles in which I am breeding. I often release the hatchlings once I believe that they are strong enough. I also have one Russian tortoise. Can I know more about you? If you have any questions let me know.

Ladyday77

Fort Worth, TX
Hello, we just lost one of the two Sulcata's that we've had for almost 20 years and are looking for a new companion for the remaining one. Also, it might be cool to have the small one in a terrarium inside so our son can watch him grow. However, we are all the way in Fort Worth Texas.

Tortoise_Nerd

5 Year Member
Georgia
Hello, we just lost one of the two Sulcata's that we've had for almost 20 years and are looking for a new companion for the remaining one. Also, it might be cool to have the small one in a terrarium inside so our son can watch him grow. However, we are all the way in Fort Worth Texas.

liz kramer

Hi,
I would love to adopt your tortoises! I have experience with tortoises and live on an acre and a half in San Juan Capistrano. I even have a heated house and grow veggies for my animals.

Best of luck,

Liz

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Tortoises should never be housed in pairs. Especially not sulcatas. They don't need or want other tortoises around and other tortoises are seen as competitors, rivals, sex objects or combatants. This is likely a contributing factor in why your other one died. Long term chronic stress weakens their immune system and can disrupt their appetite and general well being. Groups can sometimes work with one male and several females, but then you will have a baby making factory, and a new full time job caring for babies and eggs.

If you want another one, house them completely separately.