Looking for a good home for my red footed tortoise

grogansilver

5 Year Member
I don't think shipping a tortoise that big is a good idea right now!! especially when your talking about the united states postal service "Really" its going to cost you at least $60-$75.00 right off the back for Fed Ex or UPS! I don't know if the owner of this tortoise realizes this but it could be distastorios for the little guy! and definitely a wild bad trip for the owner. I see she cares a lot about her Tortoise now and how he going to be after he leaves her if it was up to me I live close I've showed you my set ups he will be well taken care of hey you can even come see him when the time is right it doesn't matter to me or I can shoot you pictures once in awhile ( you want what's good for him i'm hear bring him to me or we can meet Please think about it twice or three times before shipping him! " especially if you have never shipped before! Bye Anthony. (grogansilver)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I think all you prospective adopters need to be talking to the OP in private conversations.

If you don't know how, move your mouse up to the right hand corner and hover over 'inbox'. A drop down window shows up. Click on "Start a new Conversation". Then type the username "capenn" in the "to" space and that's all there is to it.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I don't think shipping a tortoise that big is a good idea right now!! especially when your talking about the united states postal service

They would not be shipping by US postal service, but by UPS or FedEx. Shipping should create no major problems for this tortoise in my opinion.

grogansilver

5 Year Member
thank you Yvonne I was wondering how that worked its been awhile things on here are always changing!

JWineastKY

Powell County, Kentucky
I don't think shipping a tortoise that big is a good idea right now!! especially when your talking about the united states postal service "Really" its going to cost you at least $60-$75.00 right off the back for Fed Ex or UPS! I don't know if the owner of this tortoise realizes this but it could be distastorios for the little guy! and definitely a wild bad trip for the owner. I see she cares a lot about her Tortoise now and how he going to be after he leaves her if it was up to me I live close I've showed you my set ups he will be well taken care of hey you can even come see him when the time is right it doesn't matter to me or I can shoot you pictures once in awhile ( you want what's good for him i'm hear bring him to me or we can meet Please think about it twice or three times before shipping him! " especially if you have never shipped before! Bye Anthony. (grogansilver)
You've already given me a good laugh, today. it's obvious you want this tortoise!

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Shipping is easy and we even have a thread about it. Do a search for "how to ship a tortoise" and you'll find it.

I'm glad you've found someone to take your tortoise :)

Shipping needs to be done as overnight priority and only Monday-Thursday. Good luck OP and new owner and be sure to post plenty of pictures for us!

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I think you made a good choice. You made one guy a happy man.

JWineastKY

Powell County, Kentucky
Shipping is easy and we even have a thread about it. Do a search for "how to ship a tortoise" and you'll find it.

I'm glad you've found someone to take your tortoise :)

Shipping needs to be done as overnight priority and only Monday-Thursday. Good luck OP and new owner and be sure to post plenty of pictures for us!

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)
Thank you! I'm going to be making sure I'm as ready as can be for my "new arrival". And, as you can imagine, I'm already quite excited about it! :))

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Thank you! I'm going to be making sure I'm as ready as can be for my "new arrival". And, as you can imagine, I'm already quite excited about it! :))

If you have any questions about your set up let us know. They're plenty of us around willing to help.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
personally I'd love to have a red-foot, or cherry head tort, but my space is all accounted for. Maybe sometime in the future!
In the meantime, there are plenty of good people here vying for the chance to have your tort. Good luck sorting through all of them! :)