Looking for a good home (Russian Tortoise)

Zeus;s Mom

Location (City and/or State)
Lincoln, NE
I have had Ludwig for 8 years: he is healthy, active, and eats well. Problem is he needs a place to roam. Up until now he was happy in his habitat and exercising around the house. Now he wants open space that I cannot provide. I am in Lincoln Nebraska and no longer drive. Ludwig is as cute as can be and deserves better than I can provide.

Zeus;s Mom

Lincoln, NE
I have had Ludwig for 8 years: he is healthy, active, and eats well. Problem is he needs a place to roam. Up until now he was happy in his habitat and exercising around the house. Now he wants open space that I cannot provide. I am in Lincoln Nebraska and no longer drive. Ludwig is as cute as can be and deserves better than I can provide.
All I want is him to have LOVE, safety and a wonderful home. This decision to have him adopted wasn't easy but when one loves an animal one does what is best.

Zeus;s Mom

Lincoln, NE
All I want is him to have LOVE, safety and a wonderful home. This decision to have him adopted wasn't easy but when one loves an animal one does what is best.
After a lot of prayer this weekend I am pulling the adoption request. Ludwig came into my life 8 years ago; I am committed to him the rest of his/my life. He looked at me this morning with love in his eyes. He will be staying with me. My apologies to all.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Good. Please go to our Russian tort section and read the care sheets. It will give you all the right info on raising your tortoise. One thing that you said, him toamingthe house, makes me believe you are letting him walk around on the floor. He will not get the right temps on the floor and, he could eat something like hair, dust balls or anything else he might find, Even if you are watching him. This could be a death sentence. Temps on the floor will not be right and he could get sick. We have great people here with a lot of experience and up to date info on raising a health tort. Good luck.

Zeus;s Mom

Lincoln, NE
Good. Please go to our Russian tort section and read the care sheets. It will give you all the right info on raising your tortoise. One thing that you said, him toamingthe house, makes me believe you are letting him walk around on the floor. He will not get the right temps on the floor and, he could eat something like hair, dust balls or anything else he might find, Even if you are watching him. This could be a death sentence. Temps on the floor will not be right and he could get sick. We have great people here with a lot of experience and up to date info on raising a health tort. Good luck.
Thank you Cheryl for the advice. Will do all the things in my power for Count Von Ludwig.

jlee0710

Battle Ground, WA
Are you willing to ship? Could he live outside or has he only been kept inside until now and the switch would be too hard?