Looking for a new home

Lennythetort

Location (City and/or State)
Arcadia
hey everyone so unfortunately I wasn’t able to get a place with a yard so now I am looking for a new home for my sulcata tortoise she’s 4 in great health lots of energy really sad to let her go but we gotta put the animal first so I’m looking for someone to adopt her not looking for money just would like some updates if possible how she’s growing if your in the San Gabriel valley area I am located in Arcadia California.

Attachments

• E233A491-BCD3-4345-B17E-3EE0863BE8F8.jpeg
    E233A491-BCD3-4345-B17E-3EE0863BE8F8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
  • 1465FD5C-AC44-46EA-B567-2AAC4D75EB88.jpeg
    1465FD5C-AC44-46EA-B567-2AAC4D75EB88.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39

amenezes

Torrance, CA
Hello, I am new here and I'm looking for a tortoise to adopt. Not because I can't buy one but I wanted to provide a home for one that needs it, I work with homeless dogs and cats and would rather not get one from a breeder. I live in Torrance and if you think your tortoise would do well outdoors in my area, I'd love to have it. I think Arcadia is close enough that I could come get it. I was looking at some that are in the West Valley shelter and I drove over 1 hour there over the weekend but those are desert tortoises that need a permit and I was trying to figure out how to do that in order to adopt them. Let me know! I foster homeless kittens and always love updates from the people who adopt them so I'd for sure give you updates.

Lennythetort

Arcadia
Hello, I am new here and I'm looking for a tortoise to adopt. Not because I can't buy one but I wanted to provide a home for one that needs it, I work with homeless dogs and cats and would rather not get one from a breeder. I live in Torrance and if you think your tortoise would do well outdoors in my area, I'd love to have it. I think Arcadia is close enough that I could come get it. I was looking at some that are in the West Valley shelter and I drove over 1 hour there over the weekend but those are desert tortoises that need a permit and I was trying to figure out how to do that in order to adopt them. Let me know! I foster homeless kittens and always love updates from the people who adopt them so I'd for sure give you updates
Do you have pics of the space you’ll have em in and how will you have em around the other animals because he’s never been around any other animal

amenezes

Torrance, CA
I put a picture and a video of the backyard here. I haven't really built anything yet because I wasn't sure what breed I'd get so the needs could change. You can see the yard is all completely fenced in and has a cat proof fence too so my cats can't get out, but that also keeps animals like raccoons and possums from coming in. My dogs are only out there when we are and I work from home. I would build him an area with a house where he could sleep but the idea was that he'd have the entire yard. I don't expect the cats will have much interest in him either. You're welcome to come see it if you'd like too. Let me know if you can't see the pictures for some reason.

Lennythetort

Arcadia
I put a picture and a video of the backyard here. I haven't really built anything yet because I wasn't sure what breed I'd get so the needs could change. You can see the yard is all completely fenced in and has a cat proof fence too so my cats can't get out, but that also keeps animals like raccoons and possums from coming in. My dogs are only out there when we are and I work from home. I would build him an area with a house where he could sleep but the idea was that he'd have the entire yard. I don't expect the cats will have much interest in him either. You're welcome to come see it if you'd like too. Let me know if you can't see the pictures for some reason.
Wow that’s really nice and I wish I had that space for him but unfortunately I wasn’t able to find anything because I’m really attached to him because it’s my first pet and ive done everything for him since he was smaller then my palm so it’s really hard for me to let him go but I need to put the animals well being before mine and that’s a great amount of space for sure…

amenezes

Torrance, CA
I totally understand. If you are interested, I would propose you come here, bring him and hang out for a bit and see how he likes it. If you're comfortable you can leave him, if you are not for any reason, you can bring him back home with you. It's a bit of a drive but you might feel more comfortable, and then if you'd like to visit later on you'll know where he is. :)

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Looks a nice space.
Below is a link to the care sheet so you are aware of the setup suggestions....

amenezes

Torrance, CA
Looks a nice space.
Below is a link to the care sheet so you are aware of the setup suggestions....
Thank you! I was just reading a similar post here.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
Such a nice perfect yard for a tort like that. I hope you get it!

amenezes

Torrance, CA
Hello @Lennythetort I am reading all that I can about Sulcatas and I am seriously thinking this specific species may not be the best one for me. I am 49yrs old and I worry that at 70 I will have a pet that weighs 100lbs! LOL I would not be able to care for him, take him to the vet, etc. I don't want to get a pet today only to have to rehome him when he gets too big. I want one I can keep and care for the best way possible. I hope you find a good home for him though. Thank you.