looking for a russian in lacey/olympia, WA area

Status
Not open for further replies.

austinSOLO

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
washington state
hey! i have been looking for a male russian tortoise for a while and i haven't found a good one. i cant spend over 100$ so if anyone has one that they would be willing to sell for 50 to 70$ or if you aren't in WA, i can pay for shipping if it's not a lot of money.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I didn't even see that you'd posted a thread! I commented on your response on herpgirl24's thread. How far can you travel? The Russian tortoise I mentioned in Mukilteo is listed at $50, if you're able to travel that far (here's the ad: http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/for/2788895709.html).

You might also have success talking some of the CL sellers closer to you down on price, if you haven't tried that already. The one in Gig Harbor, for example, is asking $200, but that includes a tortoise table and everything--they might be willing to let just the tortoise go for $100 or less, if you already have an enclosure ready to go. It sounds like the Gig Harbor person is mainly concerned with finding a good home, too, which may help your case...

Also, depending on how you feel about buying from a pet store, Petsmart is running a 30% off sale on their turtles/tortoises through this month, putting their Russians at about $70... I know buying from Petsmart is far from ideal, but it's certainly an option to be considered.

Keep in mind that shipping a reptile is expensive! Shipping can run $50 or more, easily. While having one shipped is not a bad option, it does present a significant extra cost that you need to be prepared for.

I hope this helps a bit, and good luck finding the right tort! :)

austinSOLO

5 Year Member
washington state
thank you very much! i am probably going to get one from petsmart, but thank you for all of your help!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
If you haven't gotten your tort already, it looks like a couple more have come up on CL, at more reasonable prices... One in Tacoma, $100 for it, a tank, and a stand: http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pet/2793137038.html And then one in Shoreline, $75 for it, a tank, and lamps: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pet/2792910070.html Just a couple little considerations for you. :)

(Sorry, I've become a bit addicted to Seattle CL--I'm moving back soon, and just can't resist finding out what's available. Lol)

austinSOLO

5 Year Member
washington state
wow thanks floof! i e mailed both of them and asked some questions about the torts. i am very interested in both of them! i hope i can pick one of them up.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
No problem! Glad my CL addiction was helpful for once, lol! I hope you're able to get one of them! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.