Looking For A Shubunkin Goldfish Recommendation

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon Coast
So I wanted an optimal suggestion for a website to order my boyfriend of 15 years a shubunkin goldfish for his pond. It has gotten overflowing with algea. But I'm very good at taking care of the the thing and was good with the last one I kept for many years. I want to order him a quality specimen that won't get killed in the mail. I wouldn't appreciate that. What is the best place to go?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
So I wanted an optimal suggestion for a website to order my boyfriend of 15 years a shubunkin goldfish for his pond. It has gotten overflowing with algea. But I'm very good at taking care of the the thing and was good with the last one I kept for many years. I want to order him a quality specimen that won't get killed in the mail. I wouldn't appreciate that. What is the best place to go?
Google places that sell KOI near you. Most Koi sellers also have the larger species of Goldfish for sale.
It's very common to see Koi swimming with SHUBUNKIN and even gigantic Comets.
This way you can just go get it yourself and save on shipping costs and stress.
I assume they exist in Oregon. In Florida they're everywhere

Reactions: Ink

sandrarz

Casa Grande Az
I have had a lot of luck with the ones from Next Day Koi! Very beautiful. Healthy and were bigger than I expected. However this is not goldfish season so supplies may be low.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Maybe we got lucky, not sure, but we picked up two very nice Shubunkin at our local PetCo a few years back. Beautiful colors, gorgeous fancy large fins. Large fuzzy heads. So, check your local places first. 🐬🐬🐟🐠🐡

sandrarz

Casa Grande Az
I have at petsmart also. Just have to monitor for ick.
Having an established filter helps with this. The only good prevention of ick.
Something in the bacteria eats it.... I think the bacteria. Been a while since I read it. Think it was spruce pets article.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Maybe we got lucky, not sure, but we picked up two very nice Shubunkin at our local PetCo a few years back. Beautiful colors, gorgeous fancy large fins. Large fuzzy heads. So, check your local places first. 🐬🐬🐟🐠🐡
I've actually seen a few in "feeder" comet tanks at Petco.