Looking for advice on enclosure

Lolo78

Location (City and/or State)
Lee, MA
Hello everyone! So I am new to owning tortoises. I have two 3 month old elongated torts. I have then together for the moment, which I know they may need to be separated if they are two males. I got a tortoise house for them. The humidity is staying between 60-70%. In the basking spot it has been 90 degrees Ferenheit. When lights are out at night, the temo doesn't go lower than 60 degrees, so I feel I need a ceramic bulb or other nighttime heat bulb. Also, the dark area with hides is about 65 degrees all the time.. Any opinions? Also, I want to make sure the enclosure is safe how I have it. The substrate is a mix of reptile soil, reptibark, and moss. Does everything look safe and should I change anything? Thank you so much for your help!

20210126_125658.jpg20210126_131841.jpg20210126_131902.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I know nothing about elongated care, but I keep ALL the species I do know about at 80-85°F day and night, all over the whole enclosure. The way to achieve this is to cover the enclosure. For that Tortoise House you would have to build a framework to be able to include the light/heat fixtures.

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Wales
I know nothing about elongated care, but I keep ALL the species I do know about at 80-85°F day and night, all over the whole enclosure. The way to achieve this is to cover the enclosure. For that Tortoise House you would have to build a framework to be able to include the light/heat fixtures.

They span a big range but it is mostly tropical, wiki says they cannot survive cold climates.

@Lolo78 you will need to separate them regardless of gender. Torts are solitary animals. They will also both need at least 4ft x 8ft enclosures.

Lolo78

Lee, MA