Looking for advise (on getting babies to eat)

puffy137

I often get boxes of Romain lettuce leaves from the market that they have discarded, I find the best way to keep them is to wrap them tightly in cling film. Other methods of storing them in the fridge & they go all soggy.

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
Yes by golly, mine also like grated broccoli stalks & egg plant. It has to be tiny for their little mouths, & no teefies.

Carefull with the eggplant. If I remember correctly someone said it's part of the nightshade family which is toxic. You may want to look that up. I don't remember who said it though.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

My mates stall is 2 doors away from were I work so I bring home a big bag of stuff every day for my 5 adults so fresh for the baby's is no problem lol

puffy137

My mates stall is 2 doors away from were I work so I bring home a big bag of stuff every day for my 5 adults so fresh for the baby's is no problem lol
Carefull with the eggplant. If I remember correctly someone said it's part of the nightshade family which is toxic. You may want to look that up. I don't remember who said it though.
I don't have eggplants in the fridge often , the older ones did tuck in though , but I shall keep your advice in mind in future thanks .

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

puffy137

I think zucchini is american for what I call eggplant, not eaten in UK much as far as i remember. I was wondering about the baby born with no eyes, maybe you will have to be careful to wash all their food. I recall sometime ago human children were born without eyes owing to their mothers using some kind of spray on their roses.:(

puffy137

Looking after torts in UK must be a labour of love,its easier in a warmer climate, the heat burns off most pathogens so my chaps are healthy & its no real credit to me & my expertise.

I have had my 2 girl spurs for over 35 years had my mail for 10
My mail and female humans for 7 years
And my sulcarta for 4 years as well as all the rest of my pets
Pond full of koi
2 rabbits
Cat
Dog
Guinni pigs
4 corn snakes
And 2 fish tanks
Guess I just like animals lol

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Well if I hatch the eggs in the incubator I wait for 5-7 days for the yoke sack to go away . If I hatch them with the parents in the ground the I wait 2-3 days to feed . And I cut all the food up for my torts that way they have to eat all of it and not pick and choose what they want .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Zucchini is an Italian squash, it is NOT egg plant.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I think zucchini is american for what I call eggplant, not eaten in UK much as far as i remember. I was wondering about the baby born with no eyes, maybe you will have to be careful to wash all their food. I recall sometime ago human children were born without eyes owing to their mothers using some kind of spray on their roses.:(

Im just thinking that Zucchini is what Brits refer to as Courgettes; eggplants are different.

Princessjay

I have 2 baby Meds and I hand feed them every morning to get them started and then place them by their food. Iv started to just pick them up and put them by their food every morning and they have started to eat on their own. I've noticed they wnt eat certain foods and absolutely love eating cress.

puffy137

My babies love Romain Lettuce leaves, they are attracted to anything bright green , try to let them have as much sunshine as you can for the vit D.