erp

5 Year Member
Hi i am looking for an adult female greek but cant find one anywhere

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Hello erp.

Please take a moment to start an introductions forum thread and tell us about yourself and any tortoises you may have.

The vast majority of keepers would not dream of passing on animals to people they do not know. They want to be certain that the animal will be cared for properly in its new home.

You must be more specific about which type of Greek you require. There are several subspecies, so please research this... a general request does not inspire confidence.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
JoesMum said:
Hello erp.

Please take a moment to start an introductions forum thread and tell us about yourself and any tortoises you may have.

The vast majority of keepers would not dream of passing on animals to people they do not know. They want to be certain that the animal will be cared for properly in its new home.

You must be more specific about which type of Greek you require. There are several subspecies, so please research this... a general request does not inspire confidence.

I 2nd this, introduce yoursef!!

erp

5 Year Member
Hi thnx for the info im new to this, but i have a syrian greek male

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Any new tortoise must be kept separately in quarantine for a good 6 months. Even when intruduced there is mo guarantee they will be able to cohabit permanently.

Regardless of gender, Greeks are solitary in the wild and jealous of their territory and food in captivity. The male's approach to mating is very aggressive.

The subordinate tortoise goes into decline and can become ill and die. Fighting includes biting and blood is often drawn.

You should only get another tort if you can keep them entirely separately and accept that this may be permanent apart from brief introductions for mating

Status
Not open for further replies.