Looking for an adult leopard tortoise

Wolfen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Hi
I'm looking for an adult leopard tortoise preferably in Southern California.
Let me know
Thank you

Wolfen

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
Do you have a preference for a male or female?
Nope, I just need a tortoise that I can share my backyard in Southern California with. And that's not so big like sulcata.
I've looked into CDT but they hibernate.

Soo any adult leopard is fine :)

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Nope, I just need a tortoise that I can share my backyard in Southern California with. And that's not so big like sulcata.
I've looked into CDT but they hibernate.

Soo any adult leopard is fine :)
I agree, I think Leopard Tortoises are just perfect to share our yards. I will keep vigilant looking for one for you.

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
When was the last time you've seen one like that available?

I saw an adult male Leopard Tortoise for sale about 6 months ago, but the adults are definitely hard to find and they are much more pricey.

Wolfen

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
Someone I know have 2 tortoises

Tortoise 1
Tortoise 2

Told me that they got a little bit of pyramiding because the previous owner didn't take care of them right.
Both are male and 9 inches.
Age is not sure. But I guess they are about 15.
They are $500 each.

Tortoise 1
Tortoise 2

See anything wrong with them? Any questions I should be asking them? I don't get to meet them, this is an online sale

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Someone I know have 2 tortoises

Tortoise 1
Tortoise 2

Told me that they got a little bit of pyramiding because the previous owner didn't take care of them right.
Both are male and 9 inches.
Age is not sure. But I guess they are about 15.
They are $500 each.

Tortoise 1
Tortoise 2

See anything wrong with them? Any questions I should be asking them? I don't get to meet them, this is an online sale
They look like the same Tortoise. Be very careful of this type of sale. I was almost duped a number of times. There are many Scam artists surrounding "Adult Leopard Tortoises". This size Tortoise will be very difficult to ship too. Please be careful. The price is way too low to be real. Good Luck.

Wolfen

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
They look like the same Tortoise. Be very careful of this type of sale. I was almost duped a number of times. There are many Scam artists surrounding "Adult Leopard Tortoises". This size Tortoise will be very difficult to ship too. Please be careful. The price is way too low to be real. Good Luck.
They are from Arizona Tortoise Compound. They said they were that cheap because of the pyramiding and because they didn't raise them at their farm like the other ones

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They are from Arizona Tortoise Compound. They said they were that cheap because of the pyramiding and because they didn't raise them at their farm like the other ones

I have purchased from Andrew at the Arizona Tortoise Compound and feel he can be trusted. I would trust him.

Wolfen

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
What kinda heater do you recommend for an outdoor tortoise house?

I'm going to use an igloo style dog house with plastic screens for my leopard

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Back in the day when I tried using dog igloos I used Kane heat mats. I found them to be difficult to clean properly. Not to say that you might figure out a better way. I have since gone to the insulated night box that @Tom suggested. I have thought this might work too, after placing a ramp over the door for security and when it gets really cold. This type of box, like @Tom's can be accessed by lifting the roof open. With this set up you can use a Radiant Heat Panel on the roof.

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Back in the day when I tried using dog igloos I used Kane heat mats. I found them to be difficult to clean properly. Not to say that you might figure out a better way. I have since gone to the insulated night box that @Tom suggested. I have thought this might work too, after placing a ramp over the door for security and when it gets really cold. This type of box, like @Tom's can be accessed by lifting the roof open. With this set up you can use a Radiant Heat Panel on the roof.
I just reread that post and the Kane Mats are easy to clean, but the Dog Igloo is not.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

These do not work and are not suitable. You will not be able to maintain the correct temps and your tortoises will get sick. Dog houses are designed for dogs. They don't work for tortoises. Believe me, I've tried.

Here is what you need to make:

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The wood doesn't get bad when it rains or when the tortoise pees?
I made a removable floor and I covered it with a premium vinyl planking. I just pick up the poo and hose it out and occasionally remove the whole thing and let it set in the sun. Others do not do this and they have no problem, because they use exterior type wood products. Do not use particle board because it will mold.