Looking for ideas on how to setup water turtle indoor enclosures.

BradKellerDA

Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Hello all,

I was hoping you guys could give me some tips on how to setup an indoor enclosure for water turtles. I was wanting create enclosures without having to use tanks. I'd love to use something along the lines of the waterland tubs but without having to spend all the money it takes to acquire a waterland tub. Any tips or pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
I used plywood and bought a cement mixing tub from home depot...it holds 20g of water. I made the box 4x4...willl begin constructing it in the new yr...we too busy with the holidays....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It depends on what type of turtle, how many and what size are they now? Also, if they are small now, do you want to build for their size now, or for what their size will be as adults?
My first thought is a plastic kiddy pool. Depending on the size of the turtle, you could do the smaller ones or the larger ones. Build a frame around it to sturdy and hide the plastic. Also if it or they are small, look for the biggest plastic tote storage boxes. You could also build a wood box/frame and line it with pond liner.