Looking for large species tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawnfull

5 Year Member
Hey, I live in central FL (Ocala) and I've been looking for larger species tortoises for almost a year now with no luck. I'd prefer to adopt or rescue and unwanted or special needs tortoise but they're aren't any groups that do fostering out in this area. I'm apart of a couple of groups (Tri-county herps and The turtle and tortoise club of FL) so the words been out for sometime. Craigslist trolling doesn't help much as a lot of times I get no replies back or ridiculous prices back. I am willing to purchase but would prefer to rescue, and I am also willing to pay shipping or pickup. Looking for sullys hermans redfoots yellowfoots Africans, I'm sure you get the idea lol.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi pawnfull:

It would help your goal if you would make a new thread in the "introduction" section and tell us a bit about you and your set up for tortoises. Because we are mainly a conversation forum, and not a buy/sell forum, most of the animals we try to find homes for are treasured pets. Our members don't want these animals to go to just anyone. They want to be sure they're going to a loving home. So its in your best interest to introduce yourself and let us get to know you.

Andieallnight

5 Year Member
I live in Largo, FL (a few hours from Ocala), and need to find a home for my sully. He is a 6 year old, 10 inch male. He is free to a good home. Would you be interested in rescuing him?

pawnfull said:
Hey, I live in central FL (Ocala) and I've been looking for larger species tortoises for almost a year now with no luck. I'd prefer to adopt or rescue and unwanted or special needs tortoise but they're aren't any groups that do fostering out in this area. I'm apart of a couple of groups (Tri-county herps and The turtle and tortoise club of FL) so the words been out for sometime. Craigslist trolling doesn't help much as a lot of times I get no replies back or ridiculous prices back. I am willing to purchase but would prefer to rescue, and I am also willing to pay shipping or pickup. Looking for sullys hermans redfoots yellowfoots Africans, I'm sure you get the idea lol.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Andie:

It would be a good idea for you to send the original poster an email, as they haven't been back on the forum for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.