Looking for leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguys4

5 Year Member
Does any one know of a leopard tortoise they are looking to sell. Not looking for a baby maybe a few years old prefer female but will consider male also ?

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
Sorry all I have are hatchlings! Where are you located? I know someone here in Phoenix has a male for sale, won't ship though.

bigguys4

5 Year Member
I am in california I have a male. Looking for a female. Just because I'm not sure how he would get along with a boy.
Do u know how big the one for sale is and what he wants for it?my daughter goes to ASU and is always coming home. Might consider it. my big guys are all males and I don't have a problem.

I'd love to try a hatchling never got the chance all mine are rescues and where big when I got them.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Time to launch on my 'are you sure about 2' theme.

Torts are naturally solitary in the wild and often don't like a new tort being introduced into their life.

Any newcomer must be kept separately in quarantine before being introduced to any others. You may have to accept that this separation is permanent if your tort decides his territory and food are too precious to share.

Do you have room to house 2 Leopards separately on a permanent basis? You may have to.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I would not do a pair either. Sure leopards are generally not as fighty as some species, by I just don't like pair dynamics. The nice thing is that leopards generally get along regardless of sex in a large outdoor enclosure. There are always exceptions, but most of the time groups of leopards do fine even with multiple males or mixed sexes. I have never seen leopards tear each other up like sulcatas or Russians do. Of course, every situation is unique.

bigguys4

5 Year Member
Thank you for the advice. I guess he's been alone this long. He doesn't seem to mind .

Status
Not open for further replies.