looking for plans, but coming up dry...

Oldbattleaxe

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South South Texas,
I've been keeping Sophie and Slagathor in large Ag tubs, but now that I'm shopping for 8-10 Cherryhead hatchlings, I need to build a multi-level enclosed hatchling-yearling furniture thing. I've been searching the forum and Pinterest, and kingsnake.com forums, etc. trying to find plans and pics of similar set-ups. I'm wanting to build something 6' long, about 6' high and at least 2' wide, maybe 2.5 feet wide. Three levels, with access from front and maybe one side. I can handle the construction and wireing, but I need plans to work from, or at least a good photo tutorial to copy from. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be really grateful. Thanks in advance folks!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Curious. Are you going to breed them? Grow them out?
Half a dozen grown Cherries will need several hundred square feet of space.
I'm looking forward to seeing your multi level structure.
How will you keep up the humidity? By keeping the whole enclosure in an already humid area?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@Will showed us his shelving and containers. I can't find it right now because I'm not on the computer. He also has a thread about drying cactus (which he sells).

Oldbattleaxe

5 Year Member
South South Texas,
Yeah, i'm putting together a group for eventual breeding. Space isn't a problem, fortunately. I'm planning on using moistened substrate, and misting and possibly a fogging system, but I don't think that will be necessary in an enclosed system. Speaking of which, I notice on several videos that many folks have vents in the upper areas of their enclosures. Admittedly, most of the enclosures are for snakes or beardies, but that's all I can find on YouTube. Do you who keep enclosed cages for hatchlings have vents?

Oldbattleaxe

5 Year Member
South South Texas,
IMG_2231.JPG
Working on them, need to assemble the third, pieces already cut. Advice on glass or plexiglass needed desperately. Thanks in advance, folks!

xirxes

Glass for front is more rigid. I don't like plexi if you are doing the track with locking sliding front door setup. Tempered glass for safety!

Also I have been recommended paint on rubber liner/rhino lining is great to waterproof bottom.

Oldbattleaxe

5 Year Member
South South Texas,
Can anyone direct me to a tutorial, video or how-to on installing sliding glass doors on a herp cage? Going a little nuts not finding any info on my own. Thanks in advance guys, I wouldn't have attempted this without y'all!