Looking for reputable kleinmanni breeder in Canada

Astramentha

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario
Hey there. :) I won't be getting a tortoise for at least a couple of years; I make large decisions slowly and with a ton of research. I've ordered the book on Egyptian tortoises that was originally published in German (don't recall the name of the other author, but one was Richard Schramm), and I'm working my way through past threads on Egyptian tortoises here, especially since I'm aware they have many different care needs than the other testudos (although of course, I'll learn from those as well). Just wanted to let people know that so answerers are aware I'm doing my best to be well-educated on their care and prepared far before I get one.

I'll have plenty of questions in the future, but just for today, is anyone able to recommend me a trustworthy breeder in Canada? I'm not concerned with cost or location; I'll save up what's required and make a trip if necessary. I just want to be sure whatever baby I get has the best chance possible of living a good, long life.

Edit: I'm aware there's a master list of breeders from this site, and I followed that link, but from what I saw they were all based in the US. If there's a list of trusted Canadian breeders, I'll gladly take it.

Last edited:

Astramentha

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario
>_< Apologies, somehow I missed there was an entire section for buying/selling. I'll ask there.