Looking for Russian Tortoise hatchlings or breeder to discuss.

Davis Summerfeldt

Location (City and/or State)
Ontaro, Canada
I currently own a juvenile bearded dragon (along with a Pacman frog and dwarf lion-head rabbit) but my interest has always been more towards turtles and tortoises. I am looking for a reliable breeder willing to ship to Ontario, Canada as well as being available to discuss further about information I've read online about tortoise care.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Davis Summerfeldt

Ontaro, Canada
@SarahChelonoidis Thanks! Though their prices are around double what I have seen elsewhere, It seems like they take much more pride in their work and have some very healthy looking tortoises. Have you purchased from them before?

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Are you comparing Canadian prices to US prices? Because tortoises are at least double the cost here.

I have not bought from CandC but have heard good things and likely will in the future.

Davis Summerfeldt

Ontaro, Canada
@SarahChelonoidis Potentially... though I have been looking into proper care for a tortoise on and off for years I have only recently really looked at the prices. Have you been in contact with anyone on here who has purchased a tortoise there?

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
@SarahChelonoidis Potentially... though I have been looking into proper care for a tortoise on and off for years I have only recently really looked at the prices. Have you been in contact with anyone on here who has purchased a tortoise there?

We don't have that many Canadian members, unfortunately. I'll search through my messages to see if I can find someone here who can vouch for CandC.

In Ontario, ~$500 is the average list price I see for Russians. You can do better on kijiji if you're not picky and you're patient.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The U.S. is not able to ship tortoises into Canada, per the Canadian laws.