Looking for some advice on flowers to feed a hermann

Kitkat1989

So my two year old tortoise is a fussy eater and I was looking for some alternatives I can feed him. I always have carnations in my house and I have petunias and lavender on my balcony growing. I was wondering if these are ok to feed to him and if anyone has any lusts of safe foods that I could grow?

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
Not sure about the ones you have. I feed my Russians Nasturtium (sp?) and Hibiscus flowers and leaves. They will actually beg for Hibiscus flowers.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Mine love rose petals, hibiscus, magnolia petals, day lilies, dandelion flowers, and petunias. They have lavender in their pens, but only occasionally do I see them chewing on it. I also feed the leaves of roses, dandelions, and hibiscus. They like wild violets (with and without the purple flowers) geraniums, and fruitless strawberries. They will eat iceplant, but it's not their favorite for sure. They also like aloe vera, cactus pads, and cactus fruit. I try to grow as much of their food as I can, but I supplement with endive, escarole, radicchio, and dandelions in the winter. I also keep weeds growing in their pen for them to munch on whenever they want. Hope that was helpful. :)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Hibiscus, daises, golden money wart, petunias, strawberry flowers (and the fruits!), geraniums, hostas, dandelion... Yum yum yum!