Looking for Sulcata babies in Southern Cali !

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanaRae60

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Clemente, California
ACD1sM said:
I have actually been reading and getting tips off of this website for awhile before I actually made an account and started posting :)

Try Reptile Jungle in Fountain Valley. Dave, the owner is the breeder and is very knowledgable. We bought a Star from him about two weeks ago and he had baby sulcatas at that time.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
DanaRae60 said:
ACD1sM said:
I have actually been reading and getting tips off of this website for awhile before I actually made an account and started posting :)

Try Reptile Jungle in Fountain Valley. Dave, the owner is the breeder and is very knowledgable. We bought a Star from him about two weeks ago and he had baby sulcatas at that time.

Save me a phone call. How do they house and care for their babies?

cmosuna

5 Year Member
Stanton, CA
Much like Reptile Island. Its a clean shop but for me the owner was much to quick to claim that he breeds EVERYTHING in his own store among a few other things. Seems to specialize in Red foots, good looking ones but also very young ones. A buddy of mine picked one up from there that still had its egg tooth and that just seems a little young to me. Just didn't feel he was genuine when claiming he bred everything in his shop and didn't purchase from any outside sources.

HipsterTorts

5 Year Member
Southern California
I know I'm a little late but I wanted to add my two sense because I was at Reptile Island (the one in Stanton) today.

1. The large sulcata's in the pen look incredibly filthy.
2. Their yearling sulcatas were kept in a tiny tank with no water, food or hide. On top of that one was having the hardest time pooping. It's poop was watery looking and was just chunks of their substrate.
3. The hatchlings! Oh the poor hatchlings. The one tank full of hatchlings had 2 sulcatas, 1 redfoot, and 1 yellowfoot. It was the saddest thing ever. they were on some sort of dry bark(the same thing the sulcata yearling was pooping). There was a water dish, but no water. The only food was some extremely dried up lettuce.

Other then all of that the whole store was just dirty. I mean, yes, reptile shops stink. But on top of the smell there was spider webs every where. they were daddy long legs, nothing to be scared of but they were EVERYWHERE!!!

I've been to all 3 Reptile Islands, and this one was by far my least favorite.

It's definitely NOT the place to buy a tortoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.