Looking to adopt a Sulcata Tortoise

ViolaS

Location (City and/or State)
Cameron Park CA
I live in Shingle Springs CA and I am looking to adopt a sulcata tortoise. Don’t want a hatchling there are too many adult animals out there that need a forever home. If you have one that you can no longer take care of, because you’re moving, don’t have the time or just don’t want it anymore I would love to give it a home. I live on 4.25 acres and the property is completely fenced and tortoise proofed I would prefer a female sense I already have a female but I’m willing to take in a male I have enough room to separate them so they don’t bread. Please consider me if you need to rehome your baby thanks

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
I know of a good size male that may still be available in Truckee let me know if your interested and I’ll find out if he is still looking for a home

Metatron

San Jose, CA
I live in Shingle Springs CA and I am looking to adopt a sulcata tortoise. Don’t want a hatchling there are too many adult animals out there that need a forever home. If you have one that you can no longer take care of, because you’re moving, don’t have the time or just don’t want it anymore I would love to give it a home. I live on 4.25 acres and the property is completely fenced and tortoise proofed I would prefer a female sense I already have a female but I’m willing to take in a male I have enough room to separate them so they don’t bread. Please consider me if you need to rehome your baby thanks
Hi. We have a yearling male. We can't keep him because we have a 12-year-old male. I would love to find the yearling a home with someone who won't sell him, has the right kind of yard, and will sleep him in a humid warm box at night.
We are in the San Jose area. We don't want an adoption fee or anything else in exchange. We just want him to have a forever home where he will be treated as good if not better than what we have provided: humid, warm enclosure. Soaked each morning and evening. Mazuri, Mulberry, Romaine. Daily periods outside in the sun. Zero pyramiding.
Let me know if you are interested.

daniellenc

Maryland
Hi. We have a yearling male. We can't keep him because we have a 12-year-old male. I would love to find the yearling a home with someone who won't sell him, has the right kind of yard, and will sleep him in a humid warm box at night.
We are in the San Jose area. We don't want an adoption fee or anything else in exchange. We just want him to have a forever home where he will be treated as good if not better than what we have provided: humid, warm enclosure. Soaked each morning and evening. Mazuri, Mulberry, Romaine. Daily periods outside in the sun. Zero pyramiding.
Let me know if you are interested.
At a year a sulcata can’t be sexed.

Steven Stevens

Southern California
I have an adult male, His name is Tait quite large approximately 260 lbs. I have had him for 15 years and can no longer keep him as I am moving to the beach and into a small place.I'm in southern California. He currently roams on an acre and loves it. Sad to have to part with him. He's pretty smart too...

ViolaS

Cameron Park CA
I have an adult male, His name is Tait quite large approximately 260 lbs. I have had him for 15 years and can no longer keep him as I am moving to the beach and into a small place.I'm in southern California. He currently roams on an acre and loves it. Sad to have to part with him. He's pretty smart too...
I’m willing to give him a forever home if he’s still available [email protected]

motormandave

Long Beach, CA
I am looking for a female Sulcata to live with my male Sulcata Frank. I am guessing Frank is 5 years old. I just rescued him with my wife and he weighs 18 pounds.

We have a large enclosed yard with lots of grass and trees. I have built a burrow and putting together an outdoor enclosure. I understand males will fight so I would like to add a female or two. I live in Long Beach, CA. We are willing to drive a considerable distance to find a female friend for Frank. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Debbie S

HI - have you adopted one? I have a 60 - 70 pound male sulcata that I would love to see in a "bigger" home. He also has a heated night box. I live in southern california

Agent99

I am looking for a female Sulcata to live with my male Sulcata Frank. I am guessing Frank is 5 years old. I just rescued him with my wife and he weighs 18 pounds.

We have a large enclosed yard with lots of grass and trees. I have built a burrow and putting together an outdoor enclosure. I understand males will fight so I would like to add a female or two. I live in Long Beach, CA. We are willing to drive a considerable distance to find a female friend for Frank. Thank you in advance.

I have a female Sulcata and I need to find her a good home. I am in Southern Calif. near Disneyland.

Drea14

Thousand Oaks
Hello, Any chance your tortoise is still available?

mvickers

San Diego, CA
I have a 14 year old sulcata. Are you still looking to adopt? I am in San Diego

ViolaS

Cameron Park CA
Yes I'm still looking to adopt. But I'm in Shingle Springs CA, about 48 miles east of Sacramento. I was looking for one north of LA because my neices husband works down by Mojave and he can pick it up and bring it to me.

mvickers

San Diego, CA
Yes I'm still looking to adopt. But I'm in Shingle Springs CA, about 48 miles east of Sacramento. I was looking for one north of LA because my neices husband works down by Mojave and he can pick it up and bring it to me.
Would you consider adopting mine if I could get him up to your niece's husband, sometime after the beginning of the new year?