Looking to adopt

alexialawrence

5 Year Member
I'm looking to adopt an older sulcata or leopard tortoise. Have a good backyard and looking to love and take in an elder tort :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Alexia:

It would be a good idea for us to know where in the world you are.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Alexia:

I'm so sorry that your thread was derailed so badly. I've moved all the other posts off your thread now maybe our members can pay attention to your request. As I stated in my last post, it would help us to know where you are.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm going to note down your username in my Adoptions book. I'm only a couple hours south of you and I get in male sulcatas all the time.

Also, give Felice a call at the Sacramento Turtle and Tortoise Rescue - 916 421-1134, [email protected]

She is quite popular in the Sacramento area and I'm sure she gets in sulcatas frequently.

Another rescue up in NorCal would be Ginger Wilfong at the Bay Area Turtle and Tortoise Rescue - 510 886-2946

Happy hunting!

alexialawrence

5 Year Member
Ya I've given Felice a call before when I wanted Russian torts but she emailed me and I didn't check it until the next day, I called her and then she said they were gone and she would give me a call when she got a couple more and she never contacted me again. So idk if she's my best option. Lol

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
S. CA
alexialawrence said:
I'm looking to adopt an older sulcata or leopard tortoise. Have a good backyard and looking to love and take in an elder tort :)

I sent you are private message.

Thank you for considering adoption.:tort:

lightsout2184

5 Year Member
alexialawrence said:
Ya I've given Felice a call before when I wanted Russian torts but she emailed me and I didn't check it until the next day, I called her and then she said they were gone and she would give me a call when she got a couple more and she never contacted me again. So idk if she's my best option. Lol

you need to keep checking in. Remember that a lot of people contact them to adopt. Especially for a more specialty adoption like a russian or a leopard. Just keep plugging away.

alexialawrence

5 Year Member
Well it says "page not found". Also I cannot adopt right now due to me finding out I need to move

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
Someday, if you do adopt, please make aure it is something that can always move with you. The species you were looking for is beyond something I could manage.
Important to knwo, first. :)