Looking to place a Sulcata in a good home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelonian

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia and DC
I talked to reptile_luvr (Jennifer) about a month ago. From what she told me her sulcata was going to have an enclosure built for her at her mother-in-laws house until they purchase a new house. If that didn’t work out we were going to try and work something out together. That was a month ago. I tried getting in contact with her after that but I assume she is either busy buying a house (I know how that goes) or she doesn’t have internet access.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
reptile_luvr said:
I have a beautiful Sulcata named Makenna. She came to me as a rescue a while back and my family and I just fell absolutely in love with her. We were supposed to be moving into a farm house this Summer with 2 acres of land that I could set up for her, but I received a call this morning to inform me that we would not be moving and this leaves me in an apartment for undisclosed amount of time. It is shattering my heart to have to find her a new home, but it is a must as I can not give her proper long term care in an apartment. According to my vet she is approximately 5 years old. She weighed just barely under 10 pounds in December, so I would imagine by now she weighs just over 10 pounds. She is very friendly, a great eater, and loves to follow you around outside as much as she loves to make you chase her down. ;) She adores having the back of her shell rubbed or very lightly scratched and will sit beside you for hours and let you do it. She is very active and fun to watch and always looks like she is smiling. If you are interested please let me know.

Where do you live?

pmmygrl

5 Year Member
I have been "tortoise sitting with two adult Salcatas for the past month and have absolutely fallen in love with them and would love to have one of my own. I am interested in communicating with you further about adopting your sweet Makenna. I live in Arizona and have a large yard with lots of grass and area for roaming. I also have a couple of dogs who are spoiled rotten and have taken well to the temporary guests. We also have a fish pond with red earred slider turtles which have been a lot of fun. The weather is great here year round for the Sulcata tortoise. We live near Tucson in the Southern part of the state. Please contact me if you are still looking for a home for Makenna.

Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Nichelle and pmmygrl:

I'm sure reptile_luvr would like to know a bit about you before making their decision to place the sulcata. Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us about you.

Moderator notice:

Until we hear more from reptile_luvr I'm going to close this thread. It seems to be attracting quite a few folks to join only to adopt this tortoise. That's not what this forum is all about. If reptile_luvr wants the thread to be re-opened, I'll do so at their request.

Status
Not open for further replies.