Looking to re-home a Russian tortoise

SilverSnake

Location (City and/or State)
Grand Prairie, TX
Trying to re-home my Russian tortoise, I'm in Grand Prairie, TX. Pretty sure he's a male, so we named him Sheldon. I don't have too much information on him besides he showed up at my front door a few years ago when I was living in California. None of my neighbors would claim him and there was a lot of cats and coyotes in the area, so I ended up with a tortoise. I think he's around 10 years old but I'm really not sure. I've had him for a couple years, he was a lil beat up when we found him but he's healthy and doing great now. I just don't have time for him, I'm looking for someone who's actually gonna enjoy him and this forum seemed like his best chance at that. I just have too many pets and I really wasn't looking to add a tortoise to my zoo

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Trying to re-home my Russian tortoise, I'm in Grand Prairie, TX. Pretty sure he's a male, so we named him Sheldon. I don't have too much information on him besides he showed up at my front door a few years ago when I was living in California. None of my neighbors would claim him and there was a lot of cats and coyotes in the area, so I ended up with a tortoise. I think he's around 10 years old but I'm really not sure. I've had him for a couple years, he was a lil beat up when we found him but he's healthy and doing great now. I just don't have time for him, I'm looking for someone who's actually gonna enjoy him and this forum seemed like his best chance at that. I just have too many pets and I really wasn't looking to add a tortoise to my zoo
How much are you asking?

SilverSnake

Grand Prairie, TX
And can I see pictures?
And sure
received-1428454014216818.jpg

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Just that he goes to a good home, that's all
Just a few tips to make sure your tort does go to a good home.
Look for long term active members with a good track record for keeping torts when rehoming for free.
There are some people who only join to get free torts and then sell them on for profit.
Also make sure they are not going to be housed with another tortoise because he will end up being bullied which could kill him.
Ask for pictures of how interested parties are keeping any torts they already have so that you can see how good a home they will have.

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Thanks and please do! When I found him his shell was pretty scuffed up, I'm glad to hear he's looking good
I have had a lot of thought and decided... I have a baby sulcata tortoises already and I will not have the time for another tortoise I'm sorry! I hope you find a good owner. But if you absolutely can not find someone willing to take him ill be willing to make time.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I have had a lot of thought and decided... I have a baby sulcata tortoises already and I will not have the time for another tortoise I'm sorry! I hope you find a good owner. But if you absolutely can not find someone willing to take him ill be willing to make time.
Very wise decision - give your sully all your attention and learn all about his needs.

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas

Craigslist is not an ideal situation if one is looking for an educated and informed home…
Craigslist is not an ideal situation if one is looking for an educated and informed home…
well yeah you are right but no one is willing to take him on this forum and the person who has him says they do not have time for him. And I am just trying to help. What else is he suppose to do?

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
well yeah you are right but no one is willing to take him on this forum and the person who has him says they do not have time for him. And I am just trying to help. What else is he suppose to do?
To be fair, it has only been two days. How do you know no one is willing to take them? Perhaps they came here because they want something better for their tortoise.

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
To be fair, it has only been two days. How do you know no one is willing to take them? Perhaps they came here because they want something better for their tortoise.
Yes. I'm sorry... I just thought...I could help. I forgot that Craigslist has very inexperienced owners. Haven't been on there for a while.

BrookeAB

Memphis, TN
Hi! I was referred your post by someone on a post I made looking for a tortoise for my children. We are looking for a “stay smaller” tortoise that is easy to manage for my kids. Do you happen to know the size of this little guy and what type of enclosure he has been in?

JMM

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Hello, Is this tort still available?

Tortoise lover111

Dallas tx
Is he still available?