Looking to re-home red foot tortoise about 1-2 years old

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Hi everyone,

I am sad to say I'm looking for a good home for my red foot tortoise. Her name is bubbles and she's a really good tortoise but I can't give her the life she deserves. Please PM me for photos or any other questions. I don't have experience with shipping a tortoise so the idea makes me a little uncomfortable but will ship if needed. Located in Vancouver, WA
I always suggest that the person charges an adoption "fee".
If only up front.
I find that it keeps a lot of THE TROLLS from responding.
Well, yeah that's the way it is, BUT, to me, I don't buy, I operated a small turtle and tortoise rescue. That means that I got, and still get, very sick chelonia, turtles in boxes I spot in the morning and maybe they were there all night stuff like that. I don't adopt and I don't buy. I rescue, big difference. You go to the SPCA and pay 100 dollars for a cat, that's not a rescue, people get an animal there do not rescue, they pay an adoption fee, a stray cat hungry and sickly looking comes into your yard and one day he comes in and you make well and he stays, that's rescue.
I have a kind of different way of looking at rescue, bought and adoptions. I know it doesn't matter in the scheme of things what you call it really, but it embarrassed me, and I think the OP was uncomfortable and that I would have driven up there if that tort was in trouble and needed helped. But she didn't, her keepers have 2, 1 needs to go. There was somebody from the Seattle area (I think) who was interested in Bubbles. I was spell checking and rereading what I wrote, maybe moderators should move this to debatable topics, I am sure I will get slammed...?

Trung6126

Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio Texas
Hi everyone,

I am sad to say I'm looking for a good home for my red foot tortoise. Her name is bubbles and she's a really good tortoise but I can't give her the life she deserves. Please PM me for photos or any other questions. I don't have experience with shipping a tortoise so the idea makes me a little uncomfortable but will ship if needed. Located in Vancouver, WA
Hi how are you, are red foot turtoise still available please