Looking to rehome a bells hingeback

Kristielllen

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hello,
I bought what I thought was a spekes hingeback at a reptile expo, come to find out it’s a bells. I think it’s a female, but I’m not positive. I’ve gotten so much good advice on how to help her thrive and the right and wrong things to do, however she is just not doing well with me. I would love to rehome her to someone who has some experience with this type of tortoise, or just hingebacks in general. I’m also moving, and I’d like to give her the best chance. All I’m asking is if you’d pay for shipping to wherever you are. Contact me here and I’ll gladly send pictures and more information. ( :

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
It’s probably not you. These were imported in very bad condition, something like 98-99% of them have already died of disease or severe dehydration/ organ damage. A few people are desperately trying to save a few of them to establish a captive breeding program, but with limited success.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
It’s probably not you. These were imported in very bad condition, something like 98-99% of them have already died of disease or severe dehydration/ organ damage. A few people are desperately trying to save a few of them to establish a captive breeding program, but with limited success.
How absolutely horrible.

methos75

10 Year Member!
Lawrenceville, IL via Walker, LA
I lucked out and got two that are doing fairly well now, but my friend got a few as well and they went pretty fast. It's really a crapshot with these guys.

TonyDaTort

Massachusetts
Hello,
I bought what I thought was a spekes hingeback at a reptile expo, come to find out it’s a bells. I think it’s a female, but I’m not positive. I’ve gotten so much good advice on how to help her thrive and the right and wrong things to do, however she is just not doing well with me. I would love to rehome her to someone who has some experience with this type of tortoise, or just hingebacks in general. I’m also moving, and I’d like to give her the best chance. All I’m asking is if you’d pay for shipping to wherever you are. Contact me here and I’ll gladly send pictures and more information. ( :
Hi where are you located? I’m very interested. I’ve raised Redfoots and their care is very similar. I’m in CT/MA

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Hello,
Hi Kristie,

I've taken in a couple of rescue hingebacks in rough shape with good success. I'd love to take her in and give her a good home.

I'm in southern NH, so I'd be happy to drive and pick her up to save the stress of shipping.

Jamie