Looking to rehome small sulcata

malissa

Location (City and/or State)
Flora Vista
Hello everyone!

I am an experienced tortoise enthusiast, having kept Greek tortoises (Testudo graeca) since age 10 (about 30 years ago) as well as sulcatas, redfoot tortoises, and a variety of box turtles. I unfortunately had to rehome several tortoises as I just did not feel the climate where I was living (Long Island, NY) was doing them any favors. However, I recently moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico, and am looking to adopt one or several tortoises. I would be happy to adopt special needs tortoises as I have done so in the past. The animals will have an outdoor secure pen and will be brought inside at night/in winter. I have a lot of snails in my yard (no pesticides/chemicals) so any species that eats snails would be even better :).

Please let me know if you are looking to rehome a tortoise so we can discuss further.

Thank you for reading!

Jamina
I have a small sulcata tortoise she has been ill... And has bumps on her... I don't know if you'd be interested in taking her over her name is Cruz..

Attachments

• 20201017_120910.jpg
    20201017_120910.jpg
    885 KB · Views: 14
  • 20201017_120759.jpg
    20201017_120759.jpg
    875.6 KB · Views: 14

malissa

Flora Vista
Hello everyone!

I am an experienced tortoise enthusiast, having kept Greek tortoises (Testudo graeca) since age 10 (about 30 years ago) as well as sulcatas, redfoot tortoises, and a variety of box turtles. I unfortunately had to rehome several tortoises as I just did not feel the climate where I was living (Long Island, NY) was doing them any favors. However, I recently moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico, and am looking to adopt one or several tortoises. I would be happy to adopt special needs tortoises as I have done so in the past. The animals will have an outdoor secure pen and will be brought inside at night/in winter. I have a lot of snails in my yard (no pesticides/chemicals) so any species that eats snails would be even better :).

Please let me know if you are looking to rehome a tortoise so we can discuss further.

Thank you for reading!

Jamina
I would be interested in rehoming a small four month subcutter tortoise her name is Cruz...

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I have a small sulcata tortoise she has been ill... And has bumps on her... I don't know if you'd be interested in taking her over her name is Cruz..
@malissa Please start a new thread in the Tortoise Health section of the forum about your baby sulcata with yellow bumps. We've been seeing quite a few of these cases in the forum lately, and we're trying to get down to the bottom of it.

@mastershake

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
these bumps are highly contagious please do not re home her with anyone who has other torts.

mastershake

5 Year Member
Florida
sadly yes it is. we are working as fast as we can to figure it all out at the lab, we need more samples to test but we are trying to do everything we can with this.