Looking to rehome

TortoiseClown

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Looking to rehome a ~ 1 yr sulcata tortoise hatchling. I am not selling or looking to trade. I just want to find it a great home.

TortoiseClown

Colorado
I am looking and have a great space - in progress but can hold torts.

I’m in South Eastern sarasota County Florida.
Awesome!

Few questions:

Will you have enough space for a large tortoise as it grows?

No problems with flooding?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
The advice given here is...be careful who you adopt to. We generally suggest it be someone who has been here for a while, so he doesn't go to someone who's gonna sell it or eat it. Questions... Will you ship? Buyer pays shipping...is he healthy? Was he started correctly? how about some pictures...

HoosierTort

Indianapolis
Awesome!

Few questions:

Will you have enough space for a large tortoise as it grows?

No problems with flooding?
Seems odd he started his account at 8:40, posted that reply at 8:43 and hasn’t been back on since…
When people do that it tells me they’re not too serious about keeping tortoises.
My $0.02

TortoiseClown

Colorado
The advice given here is...be careful who you adopt to. We generally suggest it be someone who has been here for a while, so he doesn't go to someone who's gonna sell it or eat it. Questions... Will you ship? Buyer pays shipping...is he healthy? Was he started correctly? how about some pictures...
Eat him!? Oh hell no. If that is a possibility, then I should keep it.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Eat him!? Oh hell no. If that is a possibility, then I should keep it.
There are several races of people who eat turtles and torts. So take your time, be patient and see if the person is a known here, not a new one...Will you ship? Buyer pays shipping...is he healthy? Was he started correctly? how about some pictures...

Rynan

Southern California
There are several races of people who eat turtles and torts. So take your time, be patient and see if the person is a known here, not a new one...Will you ship? Buyer pays shipping...is he healthy? Was he started correctly? how about some pictures...
I think they look scrumptious, but I'm bad at seasoning so I'll settle for loving them.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I am interested...I have a 50 lb female...I'm not interested in breeding, just would like a beautiful Sulcata...All mine have been rescued, and look like this...

Reactions: Ink

Dvbeilman

North Port, Sarasota, Florida
I read the replies but haven't responded, I apologize. I am trying to upload videos/photos of the enclosure with my two horsefields.
i can add taller steel for the pen as a larger tort gets larger.
The backyard vinyl fence is 6-8 inches in the ground already, with plans to hammer steel down as well.
I am not new to herp husbandry, nor tort husbandry, but I am new to the outdoor enclosure/pen/house ordeal--new to florida as of 2020.

Thank you all for a fabulous forum! I have used it for years, but never made an account until recently.

Mr. B

PS
any tips on gopher apples? fresh seed or recently dried seed tips?

photos and videos below:
Sally Fields
Sally's Belly
Sally still getting use to me...usually headbutts me, but today I get CHOMPS
Habitat 3 weeks ago, before i finished the steel and dog/run fencing.
Earl, the shy one, getting ready for some greens the first day he came home.
More of earl that same day
Sally, her first day home