Looking to Trade Tortoises or Supplies for Beekeeping Equipment

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
Since someone has received this thread....@tylerstewart, how are your bees?? :)

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Swarms rarely sting, they just want a new home. I've taken the classes and have had hives for three years, fascinating! I've not needed the bee suit once. If you smoke the bees and don't have aggressive honey bees, you won't need a suit.

Last Labor Day my buddy's 9 year old daughter wanted to sell my honey. They came over and we "stole" 39 ten ounce jars of honey from my bees. She sold them for $8 each. No one got stung the entire time and no one had a bee suit on. Just smoke. That's saying something since bees aren't fond of others stealing their food for the winter.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Bee sperm? Bee matinee? What have we come to? If you blow on me it makes me angry as well so I understand that.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
I love the idea of the flow hive, but I see some issues that could arise from many people using it and issues while using it.

Aside from that though, it's so amazing that the flow hive raised over $1,000,000 on INDIEGOGO in just 24 hours! There have been very few changes to the construct of the bee hive over the past 100 years, so it's cool to see new ideas emerge.