Lost and Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Theres a thought, what about a Lost and Found section. We are world wide and It might not work but who knows if it helps get one tort or turt home that would be a plus. By the way this came out of fsnatra Post.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
do you think this would fit under the classified ads section?
the problem is it seems like the most lost&found type people are those who found a tortoise but want to keep it despite it being someones pet!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I wonder what the odds would be that somebody losing a tort and somebody finding it, would both know of this site?

Your right Josh, most folks finding a tort and going to the trouble to search out this site, seem to be already deep down just planning on keeping the animal.

All that said, like was siad, if you even made is possible for one owner to be reunited....

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
well what about the guy that found the russian eating from his yard. we provided advice, and eventually the neighbors posted ads on the street and the russian was re-united. that guy had no intentions of keeping the tortoise at all, but just came here for some support and information on what to do with it.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I think it would fit under the classified ads section just fine and I am hoping it won't get much use. But It would be there if someone did find or lose a tort. Sometimes just having the info out there on a lost pet is comforting.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i guess this could work if it was moderated the same way the events are. the local city would have to be posted in the thread title, otherwise it would be a nightmare trying to find a lost pet...

Status
Not open for further replies.