Lost female Sulcata in Corona, CA

mjacob555

NAME:Molly

LAST SEEN:Friday, June 26th, in cul de sac of Forest Highlands Cir in Eagle Glen neighborhood, Corona, California.

DESCRIPTION: 3 1/2 year old female Sulcata tortoise (estimated DOB is November 2011). Approximately 10 inches long and weighs about 5 lbs. Very healthy. She has a nice, rounded shell with no pyramiding. No current photo available, but I can provide vet records and a baby photo (looks much different now though) to prove she’s mine. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Her family misses her.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hello and welcome to the forum. Best wishes to have Molly back ASAP! ! ! ! ! !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Put up fliers on the utility poles in the neighborhood. And make them big enough that someone can actually read them as they drive by. Place lost ads in the paper and on craigslist. Go door-to-door and let your neighbors know. For some unknown reason, when someone finds a tortoise walking up their driveway they tend to put it in the backyard and keep it, while if they find a puppy or kitten, they try to find the owner. Chances are good one of your neighbors has the tortoise.

mjacob555

Thanks bouaboua! I belonged to this forum years ago, but never needed to post anything until now. I used this forum a lot for tips on how to care for Molly, when she was a hatchling. I can probably attribute her beauty and good health today to all the info I gathered from this forum.

I hope I find Molly too. So heartbroken because I raised her since she was only weeks old.

mjacob555

Thanks for all the tips, Yvonne. I've put together a flyer, which will be posted around the neighborhood soon. I may modify it a little, as you suggested, so folks can easily read it driving by. Working on a Craigslist post too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thanks bouaboua! I belonged to this forum years ago, but never needed to post anything until now. I used this forum a lot for tips on how to care for Molly, when she was a hatchling. I can probably attribute her beauty and good health today to all the info I gathered from this forum.

I hope I find Molly too. So heartbroken because I raised her since she was only weeks old.

Was your username - theoccargirl ?? If so, I'll ask Josh to merge the two accounts into mjacob555. Let me know.

mjacob555

Unfortunately, I can no longer remember that old User ID and may have had a different email address at the time, but thanks.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
You should also send an email to the president at California. turtle and a Tortoise Club, Chino. If someone finds it, they could well inform CTTC Chino.

The president is Jim and his email address is [email protected].

Good luck!!

mjacob555

Thanks, kathyyh, for the CTTC contact info. I don't want to impose on the President though. Do you think he gets bombarded with these kinds of emails a lot?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He's no different than you or me. That's part of his job.