Lost Red Foot Comes Home

Treasure Island Jay

Location (City and/or State)
Treasure Island FL
One of our 6 Red Foots, Blondie, somehow disappeared 15 months ago. We searched, posted signs and had the locals looking for her too. We moved from that house and got a call from our next door neighbor at the old house 15 months later that Blondie was in their backyard. Of course we thought it was someone else’s lost torto but son of a B, it was Blondie. Who knows the circumstances but my understanding is that they normally live in a small area all their lives in the wild and also are wired with some internal gps to know where that area is. When we put her in the pen at the new house, the other Red Foots came running to see her and do what ever that is they do when they touch noses for the reunionThe whole event was the craziest thing. Once in a lifetime experience!

Attachments

• 830CE49F-0A7E-423B-A080-5E4BA845DF0C.jpeg
    830CE49F-0A7E-423B-A080-5E4BA845DF0C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 111

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
One of our 6 Red Foots, Blondie, somehow disappeared 15 months ago. We searched, posted signs and had the locals looking for her too. We moved from that house and got a call from our next door neighbor at the old house 15 months later that Blondie was in their backyard. Of course we thought it was someone else’s lost torto but son of a B, it was Blondie. Who knows the circumstances but my understanding is that they normally live in a small area all their lives in the wild and also are wired with some internal gps to know where that area is. When we put her in the pen at the new house, the other Red Foots came running to see her and do what ever that is they do when they touch noses for the reunionThe whole event was the craziest thing. Once in a lifetime experience!
Awesome, glad you got your tort back. Luckily your in Florida. If you were somewhere up north it wouldn't have survived the winter.

Lulabee247

Durham
Awww got a tear in my eye ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm so happy for you and Blondie ? it kinda prooves my theory that they don't really run away from home. They just want to explore... and you have to be in the right place and time to find them which is so hard to do. When you do it's a little miracle ?

tazpjm

Qatar
Im so happy for you guys! This story is so cute?