Lost Russian in Omaha

lilkris505

Location (City and/or State)
Omaha, NE
Our Russian Tortoise, Delores, went on an adventure June 24, 2016 after breaking out of her garden enclosure. We have posted signs all over the neighborhood, listed her with the local rescue organizations, etc. One neighbor several weeks later admitted they found her and mistook her for a wild turtle, then "released" her to a local lake, Standing Bear Lake. We've posted signs there and have tried many times to search for her in the area they say they dumped her, but no luck as the lake is really huge and has giant forested sections and also wild grasses everywhere. Temps are now dipping into 50s at night here, so we are getting even more desperate. Delores is about 3.5 years old, brown and yellow coloring, and approximately 8 in. in diameter. ANY information would be helpful.

delores.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
I'm so sorry ! My Max went missing for a day, I was devastated :( and now my Khaleesi is missing (i feel INCREDIBLY stupid since this is my second time losing a torotise). I hope you find her soon ! do you know if they released her IN the water or around the area? I hope you are able to find her soon.

lilkris505

Omaha, NE
The family said they did not put her in or near any water, but I honestly am not sure I believe them. And it is a really big lake. If she got into the water, there is no way she could survive on her own. :(